CityTime Alarms Beta 2.0

Guest kennyg

Guest conan_troutman

Ihave tried setting the loops up and down and set all three profiles for alarms they all do the same for me but thats just me could be a currupt install

Guest roachdaniel
I've just posted a new version of CityTime alarms with support for a number of new features.

Included in those features are:

- Added a new alarm type of Mobile Task, so you can run a program or a script file at a give time.

- Added support for landscape devices, including the Q.

- Fixed a few minor display bugs.

- Increase in world time cities from 1 to 4.

- New menu layout for easier navigation.

CityTimeAlarmsSp.exe

CityTimeAlarmsSp.ARM.CAB

AlarmsSp.jpgAlarmsSpQ.jpg

Kenny.

I love this program and I am using the Q. How do I get the screen to have the layout that you show here?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SDMahan
I love this program and I am using the Q. How do I get the screen to have the layout that you show here?

Are there any updates? Is v2.0 coming out of beta anytime soon?

Guest rogueqd
Are there any updates? Is v2.0 coming out of beta anytime soon?
Yeah, how are things going Kenny? No updates for quite a while??

Hope your safe and well.

Eddie

Guest scottb

That's actually a screen shot from an earlier beta. The layout is different now with one item on each screen.

Edited by scottb

Guest kennyg
That's actually a screen shot from an earlier beta. The layout is different now with one item on each screen.

It's not available any more, if requested I might add multiple layouts in addition skins, the format of the skin file actually supports this.

Anny thoughts?

And I want to get a new beta out tonight, I've been busy with new CityTime versions for the Q and some other items, including a side project some airport security items :)

Kenny.

Guest SDMahan
It's not available any more, if requested I might add multiple layouts in addition skins, the format of the skin file actually supports this.

Anny thoughts?

And I want to get a new beta out tonight, I've been busy with new CityTime versions for the Q and some other items, including a side project some airport security items :)

Kenny.

Kenny,

Is there a beta of CityTime for the Q that I've missed? BTW, I've been using CityTimeAlarms 2.0 beta while travelling with my Q for the last 3 weeks. It's been perfect! I've been recommending it on a few Q Forums for ya.

Guest kennyg
Kenny,

Is there a beta of CityTime for the Q that I've missed? BTW, I've been using CityTimeAlarms 2.0 beta while travelling with my Q for the last 3 weeks. It's been perfect! I've been recommending it on a few Q Forums for ya.

Thanks for the word of mouth...

Beta 5 is the latest and has a different layout for the Q now, more like portrait version, but with a single pane in all views instead of two panes.

Kenny.

Guest scottb

Hi Kenny,

I have one request if you're still taking them. For most alarms I use the "ding-dong" type of sound that came with my WM2003 SE PPC device. I prefer that sound because it's not obnoxios--I use it in the morning and at the office.

However, it's much more pleasant when there is a little gap between each loop. Sort of the way the PPC plays them for reminders. Would you consider adding an option for time between repetitions of the sound? Something like two seconds would be great. Thanks.

Guest conan_troutman
Would you consider adding an option for time between repetitions of the sound? Something like two seconds would be great. Thanks

I thinks thats what the sound profiles is supposed to do when it works

subtle has an incrementing time between each play

persistent is about a 2-3 second delay between each play and obnoxious just crams them right up next to each other.

its just at the moment they do not seem to work as all three settings are identical although they do differ slightly dependent on the actual sound chosen

I hope kenny gets this working as its a great idea also there is a second comm manager in the windows folder that i hoe kenny can utilise to make the wifi toggle work

and last but not least this ones appears to be more for me but i think the left soft key menu for Alarm and Alarms should be swapped over one for the other...but thats just me

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what is going on with the beta development? I bought Citytime Alarms for my Motorola Q. I'm running v2 Beta 5 and really love the program. It seems like all discussion of the beta has stopped, even though v. 2 hasn't been released on Codecity's web page.

Can anyone confirm this gives unavoidable errors on the Cingular 3125 (Star Trek model)? My friend has one and I recommended this app. It keeps giving error messages on the phone and also when he goes to the phones standard date/time menu it locks up. I know this isn't the exact error as I don't have it... I app unlocked his phone changing the three values in the registry and then running the SDA unlocker. After he uninstalled citytime alarms he said the phone worked fine.

It's a one-man-band behind the product... I think it's the best alarm program available for the smartphone, but if you want something more actively supported, take a look at John Cody alerts!:

http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/default.asp

Does anyone know what is going on with the beta development? I bought Citytime Alarms for my Motorola Q. I'm running v2 Beta 5 and really love the program. It seems like all discussion of the beta has stopped, even though v. 2 hasn't been released on Codecity's web page.

Can anyone confirm this gives unavoidable errors on the Cingular 3125 (Star Trek model)? My friend has one and I recommended this app. It keeps giving error messages on the phone and also when he goes to the phones standard date/time menu it locks up. I know this isn't the exact error as I don't have it... I app unlocked his phone changing the three values in the registry and then running the SDA unlocker. After he uninstalled citytime alarms he said the phone worked fine.

Are you running the beta 2.0 version? The 1.6 version will have issues on the 3125, but the beta should be fine, I have done some basic testing on that unit.

Kenny.

It's a one-man-band behind the product... I think it's the best alarm program available for the smartphone, but if you want something more actively supported, take a look at John Cody alerts!:

http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/default.asp

I might not get a beta on out the door in too timely a fashion, but I do support the product...

I do plan on releasing new versions of CityTime and CityTime Alarms this weekend, need working on CityTime layouts for the Smartphone and Pocket PC...

And on question and the alerts! program, I don't mean to be cutting, but does anyone find that application just plain ugly? And it isn't just his app, there are a lot of Smartphone and Pocket PC apps like that.

Kenny.

Are you running the beta 2.0 version? The 1.6 version will have issues on the 3125, but the beta should be fine, I have done some basic testing on that unit.

Kenny.

Yea, he tried the 2.0 beta...

Hi Kenny. I'm running v2.0.0 BETA 3 on my T-Mobile MDA Vario II. The main options don't seem to be getting saved e.g. changing Snooze times and Theme. When I exit the app and re-open, they are back to the default.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've manually added the missing registry keys and the settings work (although changing them through the app still has no effect).

Also, the Theme registry key doesn't seem to work; if I say set it to '3', the Blue LCD theme should be selected. Instead, the Theme box is blank when I open the app.

I've manually added the missing registry keys and the settings work (although changing them through the app still has no effect).

Also, the Theme registry key doesn't seem to work; if I say set it to '3', the Blue LCD theme should be selected. Instead, the Theme box is blank when I open the app.

I've already fixed this, I just need to get it out as a release. Working on doing that, just need to update the documentation first!

Kenny.

Yea, he tried the 2.0 beta...

I'll run some more tests using it on my friends device and see what issues I might be able to document. Just a note that his didn't require application unlocking, which network was his locked to?

Kenny.

I'll run some more tests using it on my friends device and see what issues I might be able to document. Just a note that his didn't require application unlocking, which network was his locked to?

Kenny.

TBH, I don't know for sure if it was app locked, but he got an error so I app unlocked it for him, then reinstalled it and still had the error. It is a Cingular phone. I can ask if he wants to install it again to get the exact error.

Edited by yoos

TBH, I don't know for sure if it was app locked, but he got an error so I app unlocked it for him, then reinstalled it and still had the error. It is a Cingular phone. I can ask if he wants to install it again to get the exact error.

OK, he reinstalled the app and didn't get any errors right away. He noticed a few hours later that dialing a number was hanging, so he rebooted and then gets the following error (the error happens during boot up):

(notification error is the title)

Cannot execute \Program Files\codeCity\Citytime Alarms\CityAlarm.exe

The app is on his phone since he doesn't have a memory card yet.

Edited by yoos

OK, he reinstalled the app and didn't get any errors right away. He noticed a few hours later that dialing a number was hanging, so he rebooted and then gets the following error (the error happens during boot up):

(notification error is the title)

Cannot execute \Program Files\codeCity\Citytime Alarms\CityAlarm.exe

The app is on his phone since he doesn't have a memory card yet.

I've verified that there is a problem with the 3125. It doesn't show until you power the phone off and on from what I can tell. I'm going to borrow a device and see what I can reproduce.

Is anyone using any form of the STR TRK successfully? There is some changed hardware with the 3125 that might be causing issues (bigger/different ROM type). It looks like the notification system is hanging the device, I had similar problems in the past when microsoft used bad filesystem drivers that would access the FLASH file system before it was ready (at startup).

Kenny.

That came out wrong -- didn't mean to imply there was a lack of support, just that Cody seems to live-n-breath in his product. You're right, the product isn't nearly as slick looking -- more text-based -- and it does a lot of stuff I'd rather not deal with in an alarm clock program.

There is one thing alerts! does that falls into the 'better-than-sliced-bread' category: integration into the Outlook calendar, a by-product being alarm info on the homescreen without another real-estate robbing homescreen plugin. I think it's an excellent idea to have active alarms show in Outlook, and delete from there when they're inactive -- a good visual confirmation you have an alarm set without switching to the application.

I might not get a beta on out the door in too timely a fashion, but I do support the product...

I do plan on releasing new versions of CityTime and CityTime Alarms this weekend, need working on CityTime layouts for the Smartphone and Pocket PC...

And on question and the alerts! program, I don't mean to be cutting, but does anyone find that application just plain ugly? And it isn't just his app, there are a lot of Smartphone and Pocket PC apps like that.

Kenny.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.