3.9GB file on Smartphone!?!?!?!?

Guest craig4wd

Guest craig4wd

My /Storage directory has two files that can't be deleted, renamed or copied. One is reporting a files size of 3.9GB and has a name like "

Guest pavankp
My /Storage directory has two files that can't be deleted, renamed or copied. One is reporting a files size of 3.9GB and has a name like "

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hhsfool

Well, it sounds like it's your SD/MMC/MiniSD/TF etc storage card, i had a problem like that once on my SD card and the only way to delete the file was to format the Card.

Guest Snooginsguy
Well, it sounds like it's your SD/MMC/MiniSD/TF etc storage card, i had a problem like that once on my SD card and the only way to delete the file was to format the Card.

I second that. All of a sudden these random folders and files showed up in my temporary internet files folder on my SD card, and I couldn't delete them because of the special characters in the file names. I ultimately reformatted the card as well. I thought it might have been a virus or something, still don't know what caused it though...

Guest awarner (MVP)

Sometimes just removing the card can fix the problem but corruption can happen if you suddenly power off the device ie remove the battery etc when the phone is writing information to the card.

I have seen the same thing on older devices.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ddhytz

Guest craig4wd

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Socrates

Sounds like corrupted memory.

On my 5600, there is a program called "Clear Storage". I've never used, but I had assumed it was similar to a hard reset since it claims it will "...make all of your data lost, and reset all settings to manufacturer default".

Is that just an Audiovox thing?