SmartSCROLL by MIGsofT

Guest awarner

Guest awarner (MVP)

MIGsofT the guys behind imei-check have just released a new application and best of all it's free :)

SmartSCROLL is a new application designed to improve your internet surfing on the Smartphone using the standard Pocket Internet Explorer that comes preinstalled on your device.

Using SmartSCROLL, you can now move through pages much more rapidly than you could before, moving speedily from the heading to the last line of any page, a full screen at a time. It enables you to quickly and easily scan complete desktop pages on your phone with Up/Down, Left/Right and even Diagonal controls available. There's also the option to use a keypad button to select an item, useful for those who often mistakenly select anything but 'action' when using the joystick or toggle switch!

SmartSCROLLanimation.gif

Should you need to use the keypad to make entries in Explorer windows, then SmartSCROLL can be turned OFF in an instant, without ever needing to exit Explorer itself.... And it can be turned ON again when you need to activate it, just as quickly.

biganimation.gif

After using SmartSCROLL, you'll wonder how you ever had the patience to step through Pocket Internet Explorer on-screen pages, a line at a time! Using SmartSCROLL, you click once to display the next on-screen page or hold the button down to scan rapidly through them until you reach the section that you need.

And that's not all! SmartSCROLL will not only speed up your browsing experience by temporarily muting the key-tones, making browsing both considerably faster and smoother... In addition to this, it will also auto-start Pocket Internet Explorer, enabling the user to launch Explorer with SmartSCROLL active in the background, using just one key-press... The original key-tones are restored when disabling SmartSCROLL, either within Explorer, or on exiting the program.

SmartSCROLL adds functions to Pocket Internet Explorer that should have been there from the very beginning!

For more information and to download your copy visit Smartphone.si

Guest pavankp

I have the IE key maps set up to my satisfication using registry changes. But I am interested in how this application allows you to turn it off when you want to without exiting IE (and turn it back on when needed).

Of course I could install this application, but I have so much stuff on my phone I am wary of adding anything more than what I really need!

Pavan

Guest migsoft_dev

Hi,

When activates, software hides it seft from the user and stay active rinning in backround without any changes made to your registry. When you exit applicaton it is compitly exited it does not make changes to any part of you regisrty. You can turn temporaly enable/dissabe software mapping the keypad in anytime while you are using IE, this is much better solution than registry key mapping if you need to enter some text for example, login to some forum or checking gmail or similar, you just temporaly switch it off with VolumeUP, do input, switch on again on volume up. However if you have applyed registry changes for keymapping, it woul be good to discard them if you try to use this software, as if you leave them on, you wont benefint from this software.

We welcome feedback!

Regards

migsoft Dev Team

I have the IE key maps set up to my satisfication using registry changes. But I am interested in how this application allows you to turn it off when you want to without exiting IE (and turn it back on when needed).

Of course I could install this application, but I have so much stuff on my phone I am wary of adding anything more than what I really need!

Pavan

Edited by migsoft_dev

Guest pavankp
Hi,

When activates, software hides it seft from the user and stay active rinning in backround without any changes made to your registry. When you exit applicaton it is compitly exited it does not make changes to any part of you regisrty. You can turn temporaly enable/dissabe software mapping the keypad in anytime while you are using IE, this is much better solution than registry key mapping if you need to enter some text for example, login to some forum or checking gmail or similar, you just temporaly switch it off with VolumeUP, do input, switch on again on volume up. However if you have applyed registry changes for keymapping, it woul be good to discard them if you try to use this software, as if you leave them on, you wont benefint from this software.

We welcome feedback!

Regards

migsoft Dev Team

Thanks for your response. It does sound a better approach to solve this problem. I will uninstall my own CAB that does keymaps, and install this!

Pavan

Guest pavankp

Does this work on WM5? It doesn't seem to work on my i-mate SP5. Just to ensure I am doing things right: I first uninstalled my CAB file which sets up IE keymaps in the registry. I then installed this application, opened it, enabled it and then went to IE. There if I hit the volume up button, the volume screen comes up. If I try the 4 and 6 keys nothing happens. 2 and 8 work because those are the defaults that came with the phone.

I noticed on your web site that for SmartTweaker you have WM5 screenshots, but for SmartScroll you have WM2003SE screenshots. If that because SmartScroll is intended for WM2003?

Pavan

Guest migsoft_dev

It works perfectly on my WM5 Qtek8310, and on other users phones also. I think main reason wny it may now work is that you may have installed AutoKeyLock app , this app may be in conflict with SmartSCROLL as only one app at a time can controll keypad mapping. For test, please try to uninstall AutoKeyLock then power off/of and start SmartSCROLL (install back AutoKeyLock is you use it).

Regards

Migsoft Dev Team

Does this work on WM5? It doesn't seem to work on my i-mate SP5. Just to ensure I am doing things right: I first uninstalled my CAB file which sets up IE keymaps in the registry. I then installed this application, opened it, enabled it and then went to IE. There if I hit the volume up button, the volume screen comes up. If I try the 4 and 6 keys nothing happens. 2 and 8 work because those are the defaults that came with the phone.

I noticed on your web site that for SmartTweaker you have WM5 screenshots, but for SmartScroll you have WM2003SE screenshots. If that because SmartScroll is intended for WM2003?

Pavan

Guest pavankp
It works perfectly on my WM5 Qtek8310, and on other users phones also. I think main reason wny it may now work is that you may have installed AutoKeyLock app , this app may be in conflict with SmartSCROLL as only one app at a time can controll keypad mapping. For test, please try to uninstall AutoKeyLock then power off/of and start SmartSCROLL (install back AutoKeyLock is you use it).

Regards

Migsoft Dev Team

I can do this for testing whether SmartScroll runs on my phone. But even I follow these instructions, are you saying AutoKeyLock and SmartScroll both won't at the same time? If that's the case, I will have to pass up SmartScroll!

Guest migsoft_dev

Ok, then, do it :)

Regards

I can do this for testing whether SmartScroll runs on my phone. But even I follow these instructions, are you saying AutoKeyLock and SmartScroll both won't at the same time? If that's the case, I will have to pass up SmartScroll!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.