SPV M600 v's MDA compact II

Guest mattpayne

Guest mattpayne

what are the major differences? as far as i can tell they aredown to camera, 2 buttons, wifi and (very importantly to me) newness!... or am i missing something?

with web'n walk the wifi wouldnt really be used (at home and work i have wireless tablet) i know it would bd fastr, but to me download speed is proportional to data cost! :)

i like the black styling of the orange m600 but id be limited to 10mb and who knows whenit will be in stock...

the Mda compact II i can have monday on web and walk with half price rental for the year!

argh! decisions!

If i'm right in thinking that the Compact II is the same as the M500 then I think there is more to it than that.

I think you get WM5 instead of WM 2003, but i think the one of the biggest differences is that it has been setp much better or one handed operation combining the more flexible OS and the two new buttons.

If this is important to you then I would go for the M600 (if it ever comes back into stock). I'm sure there are more experts than I who can offer you a bit more detail.

Edited by hp1

Guest Confucious

Tha Compact II is a Charmer.

The M600 is Prophet.

Reviews on links.

Half price line rental on T? Go for it! Neither is 3G so you won't use to much data but even so on O it would be prohibitive. The M600 is the better phone but T is the better network at the moment IMHO.

Guest Pondrew
If i'm right in thinking that the Compact II is the same as the M500 then I think there is more to it than that.

I think you get WM5 instead of WM 2003, but i think the one of the biggest differences is that it has been setp much better or one handed operation combining the more flexible OS and the two new buttons.

If this is important to you then I would go for the M600 (if it ever comes back into stock). I'm sure there are more experts than I who can offer you a bit more detail.

As Confucious already pointed out hp1 is wrong in this case. The M500 is a significantly older model then the Compact II (the M500 is an HTC Magician for which there is no Windows Mobile 5 rom available). The camera in the Compact II is also significantly improved over the M500s similar spec 1.3 camera.