It's possessed....

Guest ivanmmj

Guest ivanmmj

My Tmobile MDA (USA) is possessed... Lately it's been doing some very strange things.

• The task plugin "wavers". Almost like a screwed up display. But it's only that most of the time. If I open the task list, it's fine. If I open anything else, it's fine. Sometimes the whole screen will waver. Either way, a soft reset seems to be the only way to get rid of it most of the time. Sometimes even that doesn't help.
  • It's been slowing down to a crawl lately. Even where there's nothing showing up in the memory managers. Sometimes it will just lock up.
  • It has crashed a few times now. Just sudden resets.

It's like the smarter the phone is, the dumber the problems with it get. >.<

Guest ivanmmj

I forgot to mention something... but I forgot it on the way back to the laptop... :) Sleep deprivation at its best... :)

Oh yea, since I got it when it first came out, I never had to align the display/stylus. Now I find that it's off daily. And not just a little off, sometimes I have to click on something entirely different in order to get the right thing to move. I have to align it all the time.

Backup and hard reset time? Or should I try a new firmware while I'm at it? Someone had pointed out a firmware for me a while back, but I haven't had time to do anything with it. I need my phone to function and I didn't want to risk loosing it and loosing out on that kind of money, but now it seems I'll HAVE to...

What could it be? Are viruses common in the Windows Mobile world?

Guest Laser_iCE

The "wavering" sounds like what happens when you underclock the CPU immensely... Perhaps the CPU is dying (hence the speed and crashing).

Guest ivanmmj
The "wavering" sounds like what happens when you underclock the CPU immensely... Perhaps the CPU is dying (hence the speed and crashing).

I've never underclocked it. (No wait.. I did one time to test something.) So, does this mean that I should just get it replaced before it dies or should I try a hard reformat? (I gotta find some time to backup the stuff on it, especially the contacts.)

Guest ivanmmj

Update:

The freezing stopped. The sudden resets stopped.

The wavering got worse. I notice that if I touch the touch screen display it stops, but it also stops if I open anything with the buttons. And now it's the WHOLE screen that does it at times, and it's more like it's shaking.

Ever seen those little magnetic boards that you can draw on and when you shake it, things start to fall appart? Kind of like that. It got REALLY bad. Called Tmobile and they told me to do a hard reset, but I haven't had time to backup the phone's contacts and agenda. I did start uninstalling things and moving things to the memory card. Surprisingly enough, once I got rid of Microsoft's Voice Command, the phone stopped shimmering for the most part. I mean, I haven't seen any shimmering since then. The phone also seems a LOT more responsive. (I installed MS Voice Command when I FIRST got the phone, since I had gotten it when I bought my SDA II Music thinking that it would work with it, so I didn't know how it ran WITHOUT it.) It's only been a few hours, but let's hope that was it.