question about 5600 coverage

Guest gorcorps

Guest gorcorps

I've been looking into this phone because I want to move on from my mpx200. The battery life is bad and the coverage on Cingular isn't what I wanted. The question is, it looks like this phone is still tri-band (which the mpx200 is as well) but it looks like the 3 bands the 5600 covers are different than the 3 that my mpx200 covers. Does the 5600 cover the bands that Cingular requires and that I'm currently missing from my current phone?

Also, I see there are updated roms in a sticky up above... but they all say they're from orange. Will they still work with the 5600 w/out messing up the bands and everything?

Guest kenjones
I've been looking into this phone because I want to move on from my mpx200. The battery life is bad and the coverage on Cingular isn't what I wanted. The question is, it looks like this phone is still tri-band (which the mpx200 is as well) but it looks like the 3 bands the 5600 covers are different than the 3 that my mpx200 covers. Does the 5600 cover the bands that Cingular requires and that I'm currently missing from my current phone?

Also, I see there are updated roms in a sticky up above... but they all say they're from orange. Will they still work with the 5600 w/out messing up the bands and everything?

Hi!

The roms should work just fine, no matter where they are from, as long as they are official roms. Regarding the coverage, i think you should check the cingular website, or call their client service for more details, and ask someone who knows for sure!

Guest gorcorps
Hi!

The roms should work just fine, no matter where they are from, as long as they are official roms. Regarding the coverage, i think you should check the cingular website, or call their client service for more details, and ask someone who knows for sure!

Ok thanks. From what I can tell the 5600 does have the coverage I need. It's the Orange based c500 that has triband like my current mpx200 and doesn't work well with Cingular. At least thats what I think I've found.