Can see vario via USB but can't sync

Guest randomspam

Guest randomspam

Hi,

I've started a new job and so I've installed AS 4.2 beta on my new pc and hooked up my Vario as normal when prompted. I created a partnership and the device can be explored via AS. However it just says "synchornizing" endlessly and never actually picks up any of my tasks or contacts or anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted several times. Any thoughts of what else I could check?

Cheers

Rs

Guest st3ph3n
Hi,

I've started a new job and so I've installed AS 4.2 beta on my new pc and hooked up my Vario as normal when prompted. I created a partnership and the device can be explored via AS. However it just says "synchornizing" endlessly and never actually picks up any of my tasks or contacts or anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted several times. Any thoughts of what else I could check?

Cheers

Rs

What are you trying to synchronize first of all. If you are trying to sync with your own exchange server then the problem could be that the network you are on wont allow you to access it.

I synchronise my vario with my PC at work for the calander, but with my own exchange server for personal mail. When I plug it into the PC it will try for a while to contact the exchange server before realising it can't.

I got round this by editing my hosts file to include a line which sets the IP of my exchange server to 127.0.0.1 so that it times out straight away:

127.0.0.1 my.exchange.server.com

And now it all works.

Guest chucky.egg

We had this at work, turned out to be Windows Firewall blocking one of the ActiveSync processes.

Try turning off the firewall service and see if that fixes it.

Guest zippster
We had this at work, turned out to be Windows Firewall blocking one of the ActiveSync processes.

Try turning off the firewall service and see if that fixes it.

look at the properties of the network card (windows mobile based device) and tick all the boxes that are unticked !

client for microsoft networks

file and printer sharing for microsoft networks

internet protocol (TCP/IP)

for some strange reason this has happened to all of our active sync users ????? im guessing that this is also your problem :)

Andy

Guest randomspam

Thanks for the help guys, chucky.egg you got it right. My computer was on the receiving end of a Group Policy that was turning on XP firewall and blocking the active sync service. Removed it from the relevant container in Active Directory and now all is peachy! Thanks again to all who offered help.

Cheers