SPV c500 car charger that can charge whilst in use ?

Guest lft480

Guest lft480

Can anyone recommend somewhere in UK where I can buy a car charger that can supply enough current to charge SPV c500 whilst it is in use (eg running TomTom and screen on) My current charger from MobileFun.co.uk only seems to charge with phone powered off ! if its on the orange LED only flashes orange and does not actually charge. I have heard the same of the Dell Axim x51v pda in that it needs atleast 1amp car charger.

So far I have only found US sites that sell a high current car charger or USB car adaptor. NO UK site seems to mention this and I dont want to buy another only to find the same.

Is this a know issue - ie that The SPV c500 and Dell Axim (both made by HTC) require more than the normal 400mAmp car chargers ?

Ideally I want a USB adaptor based charger ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Allan Olesen
Can anyone recommend somewhere in UK where I can buy a car charger that can supply enough current to charge SPV c500 whilst it is in use (eg running TomTom and screen on)

This is funny. I had to order my car charger from the UK because I couldn't find one in Denmark.

I bought it from www.canihave.com. Despite the .com address, they are based in the UK. Price including UK freight:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sparkymodaco

I use a charger from an Orange shop and previously had an Ora one from Expansys which I thought didn't work but I have found the following:

The charger will work fine even running tomtom but only if the battery is over half full. If any lower than this it will not charge from the charger but will show orange when first plugged in then green after a few seconds. Green means fully charged but this is obviosly not the case as the phone continues to discharge. On one occasion the phone turned off due to lack of power when plugged in. It seems the phone is fooled into thinking it is fully charged and stops taking power form the charger.

I guess this has something to do with the available amps and current and other dried fruit.

Can a technical minded person explain?

Edited by sparkymodaco

Guest Allan Olesen
Can you tell me whther yours stays charging over say 20+ minutes whilst running tomtom 5.

With my earlier mentioned charger from canihave.com, I still have 100% battery after 1 hour of driving with TomTom 5, backlight on.

The charger will work fine even running tomtom but only if the battery is over half full. If any lower than this it will not charge from the charger but will show orange when first plugged in then green after a few seconds.

I have seen the same behaviour with my charger.

• 2 years later...
Guest amptronic
Can anyone recommend somewhere in UK where I can buy a car charger that can supply enough current to charge SPV c500 whilst it is in use (eg running TomTom and screen on) My current charger from MobileFun.co.uk only seems to charge with phone powered off ! if its on the orange LED only flashes orange and does not actually charge. I have heard the same of the Dell Axim x51v pda in that it needs atleast 1amp car charger.

So far I have only found US sites that sell a high current car charger or USB car adaptor. NO UK site seems to mention this and I dont want to buy another only to find the same.

Is this a know issue - ie that The SPV c500 and Dell Axim (both made by HTC) require more than the normal 400mAmp car chargers ?

Ideally I want a USB adaptor based charger ?

i have almost a similler problem in my i cant charge with main charger or the pc, when to any of it the orange light blink and the phone discarges. Can anybody tells me what wrong with my phone Thank you