Wizard / Qtek 9100 DEAD :(

Guest mcharry

Guest mcharry

Hi,

I have a Qtek 9100 (HTC Wizard) and it's completly dead.

Don't know what happend with it, it's just DEAD.

If I put in the charger, I don't see any lights going on.

Anybody who can help me? Please? :)

Guest Laser_iCE

How long have you left your phone on the charger? If you've let the battery run dry, then there is a good chance that you need to let it sit for about 10 minutes or so on the charger...

Let us know if this fixes it :)

Guest mcharry

OKay I'm something further now...

I have managed to install a new rom and it's working now..

BUT (;)) the problem is, when there is a sim card in the phone, the screen goes crazy after a couple of seconds (or minutes)

First I get all kind of stripes and then it's starts to get breighter untill it's comletly white. After this, the device stops working and the screen stays white.

I have to get the battery out of it and try again...

I managed to get the device working twice, but after I put in the pin, the device hangs and then after a couple of seconds it's also starting to get white.

If I don't put a sim card in it, it is working OK :)

Anyone who can help me out? :)

Guest Laser_iCE

Perhaps there is something wrong with the CPU... When using OmapClock to overclock the device, if you set it too high, the white screen forming is what happens, so perhaps something is getting too hot.

Sounds like you've got a faulty device none-the-less, as this is a mobile phone, and it's pretty pointless (although not totally), to have the Qtek 9100 without being able to use it as a mobile phone.

Guest mcharry

Thanks for your help :)

There are no programs installed. It's just a standard Qtek 9100.

I just updated to the new rom (with push mail) and I get this error.

I managed to start it a couple of times, but then I need to push on the battery to make sure the SIM makes good contact.

Don't know if it's just me who is pushing or that it is luck that it's working.

However, I can start it now, but sometimes the screen goes acting weird and becomes white...

I had this with my compact and it turned out to be the usb connector in the bottom, it had come away from the pcb, it would turn on and start up correctly, when you plugged the lead in the screen went white, the more I tried the worse it got until it would not start and when it did had a similar screen to yours.

As the connector moved it shorted out, after pulling it apart I re-soldered it and all was ok for a few months, until it started again, so I took it to a local phone repair place and they soldered it for me (I didn't have a small tip soldering iron!)

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem with my Qtek 9100 after trying to charge it on my vacation in Thailand. The phone wont start and when I plug it into my computer it can't fint the device and the battery won't charge up.

I don't know how to "push mail" like you talk about to change rom.

edit: Bought a real AC-loader and now it works like a charm :) Guess the battery needs the full 1 A to come back to life after a "full-drain".

Edited by antep