Am hardly ever reachable

Guest pierre

Has there been a resolution to all of this because it is really starting to PI55 me off!!!!!

Sometimes the phone is fine, other times people say "why was your phone off?"

My phone is on 24hrs a day, 7 days a week

SOMEONE HELP PLEAAAAAAASE

Cheers

Vince [sydney, Australia]

Guest paddy_mcnulty

I had the 'not recieving calls' problem within a week of getting my phone in june. People have constanly been trying to phone me and it just does not respond. Have checked with people next to me when I've had full signal and it still goes straight to answer phone. I rang orange and and explained what was happening so tech support did a test and said as it seemed ok on his screen and that he had got through me so the phone phone wasn't broken and i must have been mistaken(cheers for the trust orange after nearly four years!). SInce yesterday I have had every incoming call drop as soon as I answered with the Error message. If thsi continues I'll be contacting Orange again (I had thought of the mentioning the Sale of Goods Act) but I don't really rate their customer service/tech support any longer

Basically I love the SPV adaptabilty with all the other functions (mini PDA) but if it can't act as mobile phone it no use. If you say to Orange you want a different phone they flatly refuse (I suggested that they send me a different phone, lower spec varety/anything, I didn't care just wanted a phone that works as a phone!). After getting an SPV and basically recieving virtually no help from Orange (and if some then by people who didn't even know the phone!) I thinking leaving them. If this is how they treat someone who spends circa £800 a year with them well that's it. I've already started looking around and unless they do something I can't really see that I'll stay. This addens me as until now I've found Orange a good mobile phone company but I am beginning to get the feeling that they have knwoing distributed a handset that principle function cannot operate effectively and are unprepared to do anything about it. Wait for the new update, it's been months and months waiting and it's turning into a myth. The truth, straight answers, and respect for existing customers. Not really that much to ask is it...

• 9 months later...
Guest prophet

Hi people, I know this is an old post that I'm dredging back up from the depths but has anyone found a solution to the "Wont Recieve Calls" and "Wont Recieve Texts" problems ?

I've had this happening to me since Mar '04 (1 Month after recieveing my E200) and now it's really annoying. Orange dont seem to care, they just tell me "It's a network problem, there's an engineer working on it" but it never gets fixed, I can't leave cos I still have 6 months left on my contract, they won't change my model of phone. I've had a new E200 twice now, I've upgraded to 2.6.1.3 and I now really dont know what I can do !

Aargh, sorry for the rant but what can I do, every other problem I've had with the E200 has been solved on this forum, I just wondered if anyone had a fix for the big one.

Thanks for reading peeps.

Guest pierre

As for my SPV E100 it had become quite all right after 1.5 update, and maybe even better after 1.6.

Yet, I still do not receive calls from time to time depending on the phone's mood. It happens when I do not use it for a long time (like when I sleep) and then I shift to office where it is supposed to log on another antenna. The signal' strength shows maximum, but calls won't reach... That's SPV... (and Orange maybe...)

Does anyone have this problem with other operators than Orange?