SPV M500 Backup Battery Problem

Guest Fads

Hi there everyone

I have an orange SPV M500 and it had a slight fall a moment ago...

It said my backup battery was very low on power and i figure the battery has come out or something... anyone know where it's located?

thanks

Guest Pondrew

Moved to Pocket PC Help & Advice.

The backup battery isn't readily accessible without taking the device apart I'm afraid. Once a backup battery gets older it can stop holding its charge whereby even a short time without main battery power would cause a warning on powering up or even data loss through a hard reset. Even if that is the case though keeping your main battery from going flat should protect you from data loss...

Moved to Pocket PC Help & Advice.

The backup battery isn't readily accessible without taking the device apart I'm afraid. Once a backup battery gets older it can stop holding its charge whereby even a short time without main battery power would cause a warning on powering up or even data loss through a hard reset. Even if that is the case though keeping your main battery from going flat should protect you from data loss...

That's a crying shame :)

do you think there's anyway to open it and fix it?

i'm willing to give it a shot if it's straightforward enough

or am i better off taking it to an orange shop/mobile shop and asking them to fix it?

U never know when you're on the road and the bettery dies

Guest Pondrew
That's a crying shame :)

do you think there's anyway to open it and fix it?

i'm willing to give it a shot if it's straightforward enough

or am i better off taking it to an orange shop/mobile shop and asking them to fix it?

U never know when you're on the road and the bettery dies

My advice would be to consult member Fluffcat1 as he's particularly knowledgable on such things. In fact there's probably already a 'dismantle your M500' thread by him pinned in the HTC Magician forum...