MPX220 Screen

Guest Jumpie

Guest Jumpie

Since last Saturday, my MPX220's screen has been going haywire. It looks something like taking a magnet and putting it next to a computer monitor. It's been doing this off and on but more so than not. I'm sure you're thinking that I've dropped it or something. All I did was run an app, Agile Messenger, and changed my connection settings. I placed it on the couch and now ever since, it's been going haywire. I've deleted Agile Messenger and reset my connections. Nothing has worked. Any ideas? Could it be just as simple as the connection from the headset to the screen be bad?

Any suggestions would be greatful!

-Jim

Guest nbraymond

Try hard-reset(shutdown the phone, press the blue-round key and On/Off key at the same time)

If not work

then try update your ROM

If not work

Definetely hardware problem~

Guest Jumpie
Try hard-reset(shutdown the phone, press the blue-round key and On/Off key at the same time)

If not work

then try update your ROM

If not work

Definetely hardware problem~

I already tried to update the ROM but the updater said I have the most current version. I was trying to avoid a hard reset since all my data, etc., will be lost. I'm pretty much assuming at this point that it's a hardware issue.

Guest genaldar

Have you tried the offline updater and a different rom? The online updater kind of sucks in that it only allows cingular users to update to the most current cingular rom. The offline updater allows you to update to any rom you want.

Guest awarner (MVP)

If you have already done a hardreset/ROM update then the problem is hardware and may need a new screen or connector ribbon.

Guest fluffcat1
If you have already done a hardreset/ROM update then the problem is hardware and may need a new screen or connector ribbon.

Could even just be a loose connector ribbon but I did see one listed on ebay for around $8 US the other day if you need one.

Richard

Guest awarner (MVP)

Grab your torx set and rip him apart but take your time, I found it harder to take apart than the MPX200. Too much plastic on the MPX220.

I've just got mine back from motorola cos the internal screen was doing the same! They had it for about 6 weeks and I think that replaced the screen and ribbon, so its nothing to do with any software you put on.