i-Mate SmartFlip release imminent

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy
smartflip2ca.png
I'd like to put a big, shiny asterisk when I say "now available" in reference to this unsubsidized Windows Mobile device since actually tracking one down could be an exercise in futility for the next few weeks.

For what it's worth, i-mate has announced the release of its rendition of HTC's svelte WM5 clamshell, formerly named the STRTrek!

Cleverly called the Smartflip, availability is said to be for the Middle East only at the moment, but we all know they'll find their way across the globe poste haste.

With dual displays, RAZR-esque keypad, 64MB of RAM and ROM, and quad-band EDGE, the Smartflip is about as hot a WM5 Smartphone as you can get your paws on for now -- at least until the Breeze is released (Debateable!)

The technology at a glance:

- Microsoft

Guest bennish

a-lookin' nice! a worth successor to the mpx220... if i wasn't addicted to ppc edition, touch screen and qwerty, i'd snap up a strtrtk in a second.

What about a special edition star trek one, done up like a communicator and with cool trek content? someone from trek should be talking to someone from htc/imate 'bout that... :)

Guest Pondrew

What, you mean like this? :)

In truth, although it could be the HTC STRTrk as the phone, there's no evidence that is the Smartphone they've decided to badge.

Incidentally, good to meet another Firefly fan. There's a show that didn't deserve to be cancelled. Serenity (the film) was excellent too...

Guest Confucious

Add 3G and WiFi and bump the camera up to 2Mp and this would be very nice. But I will never go back to GPRS after using 3G!

Guest bennish

kinda like that... but i mean the actual htc device. would look a bit... toooo dumb talking into a star trek communicator.

now a comm badge mobile, that's another thing all together... ultimate hands free

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.