Windows Mobile Device Center Update for Vista Beta 2!

Guest ClintEastman

Guest ClintEastman

He's an interesting nugget for all you Vista types out there!

Tonight, a update to Windows Vista Beta 2's Windows Mobile Device Center has gone up on Windows Update. This update gives the Windows Mobile Device Center full capability of syncing your Windows Mobile Phone or Device with Outlook. It even supports OneNote 2007 Mobile as well. It offers an impressive UI arrangement giving you full access to syncing your device and accessing its files. It even tells you how many images you have on your Mobile Device when you move your mouse over "Photos, Music and Video". I'm certainly impressed with this update and expect it will only get better here on out.

Goodbye ActiveSync!

SOURCE

post-2154-1150464406_thumb.jpg

For people interested it trying this update (and Windows Vista) sign up for the Windows Vista Beta 2 Customer Preview Program.

Edit by Paul (MVP): Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

Edited by ClintEastman

Guest ClintEastman

This means that i can now move over to Vista as my main OS, not sure if i would have if i wasn't in the managed beta though.

Guest pd.ryder

WinXP is currently screaming at me, telling me I have a dodgey copy!!!

I dunno how this could be, having bought my PC through a reputable dealer as a second user machine. There's no point talking to MS about it or the dealer (he didn't build the machine) so it looks like I'll have to fork out the

Guest adjonline

pd.ryer: I believe you can download the Vista Beta from the CPP without a licensed copy of Windows - though as I have XP licenses I didn't particularly check for this, I never noticed anything requiring XP to run the Beta of Vista and it would seem odd.

On another issue: has anyone been able to tell if the new Device Center gets over the annoying issue of single device synchronisation? Can we now use two devices?

WinXP is currently screaming at me, telling me I have a dodgey copy!!!

I dunno how this could be, having bought my PC through a reputable dealer as a second user machine. There's no point talking to MS about it or the dealer (he didn't build the machine) so it looks like I'll have to fork out the

Guest pd.ryder
MS will do something about it buddy, phone the PSS 0870 60 10 100 and tell them the situation. trust me, they will sort it :)

Who's PSS? And what will they 'do'? The only time I've contacted MS about anything, they expected me to get my credit card out just for advice!! Anyway, I really wouldn't want to drop anyone 'init', so to speak. I reckon my machine was part of an office's collection at some point. The warning MS sent stated my expired copy was part of a volume licence.

/stops hijacking thread :)

Guest sporkguy

Back on topic: been running Vista on my test machine for a week now, and this new mobile device centre is a tad bulky at first, but you soon get used to it and it is very slick :)

Paul (not MVP!) give the Vista beta a go, it'll dual boot with your dodgy XP if you partition the hdd nicely :)

Guest pd.ryder
Paul (not MVP!) give the Vista beta a go, it'll dual boot with your dodgy XP if you partition the hdd nicely :)

I've gotta do a bit of 'house keeping' first - new HD will be along this week hopefully (C: full up :) )

Who's PSS? And what will they 'do'? The only time I've contacted MS about anything, they expected me to get my credit card out just for advice!! Anyway, I really wouldn't want to drop anyone 'init', so to speak. I reckon my machine was part of an office's collection at some point. The warning MS sent stated my expired copy was part of a volume licence.

/stops hijacking thread :)

PSS is Product Support Services, they will not charge you for this query as it is a "legal" check of your product :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.