Profile application with mobile cell dependant switching built in, equivalent to TinyGPS by Psiloc

Guest ee41rr

Guest ee41rr

Hi all,

I have just received an Orange M600 (Windows Mobile 5 PocketPC) after a happy year with an Orange C500 (Windows Mobile 2003SE Smartphone). I miss profiles like Silent, Meeting and Normal; especially Automatic (switched depnedant on calendar status), however what I really, really miss is TinyGPS by Psiloc. I am considering returning the M600 just for this reason.

TinyGPS by Psiloc is a powerful tool to perform various actions on the Smartphone, based on its geographical location. TinyGPS enables receiving information about location of your phone in your GSM network. It also shows name of your current location (if your GSM operator provides it). You can "teach" your phone locations which are important for you like: home, school, work, train station, church etc. Then you can set up events based on entering or leaving chosen location. For example your phone can automatically switch profile to Silent when you come home. If you commute to work by train you can set up alarm which will wake you up when you arrive to the train station - even if your train is late!

Does anybody know of a replacement for TinyGPS? I have had a good look and tried Cell Profiler but it just crashes my phone and doesn't seem well support.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Guest chucky.egg

Dont know of a TinyGPS replacement (never thought that much of TinyGPS anyway), but you could use PocketPC Profiles Pro for the Silent, Meeting, Auto profile settings.

There's a forum devoted to it in the Pocket PC area of this site

• 4 months later...
Guest removed-2
Hi all,

I have just received an Orange M600 (Windows Mobile 5 PocketPC) after a happy year with an Orange C500 (Windows Mobile 2003SE Smartphone). I miss profiles like Silent, Meeting and Normal; especially Automatic (switched depnedant on calendar status), however what I really, really miss is TinyGPS by Psiloc. I am considering returning the M600 just for this reason.

TinyGPS by Psiloc is a powerful tool to perform various actions on the Smartphone, based on its geographical location. TinyGPS enables receiving information about location of your phone in your GSM network. It also shows name of your current location (if your GSM operator provides it). You can "teach" your phone locations which are important for you like: home, school, work, train station, church etc. Then you can set up events based on entering or leaving chosen location. For example your phone can automatically switch profile to Silent when you come home. If you commute to work by train you can set up alarm which will wake you up when you arrive to the train station - even if your train is late!

Does anybody know of a replacement for TinyGPS? I have had a good look and tried Cell Profiler but it just crashes my phone and doesn't seem well support.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Try this app:-

http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

I got location based services working to switch to different profiles when I leave work and get home etc..

• 4 weeks later...
Try this app:-

http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

I got location based services working to switch to different profiles when I leave work and get home etc..

Sorry to be a pain but can I confirm that this app works with PocketPCs running WM5 specifically the M3100 or similar...?

It looks like it might meet a few requirements that I have but I'd like to make sure its a Pocket PC app before I install even for a test drive.

Thanks in advance. :)