ATEKsoft add beta Tornado compatability to CoolCamera

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
Screen004.gif
ATEKsoft, purveyors of the fledgling but rapidly improving CoolCamera application, have annouced that the latest beta version adds early HTC Tornado support, enabling the application to be used by devices such as the SPV C600, iMate SP5/5m, Cingular 2125 and the T-Mobile USA SDA.

The latest build, version 1.11, adds a number of other improvements too!

The CoolCamera application replaces the default camera capture application adding more functions and better resolutions for video, as well as enabling the camera to work with your PC as a webcam for MSN Messenger, Skype and the like.

Full details can be found at the ATEKsoft website here, and you can view the changelog for the version history here.

Enjoy! :)

P (an avid CoolCamera beta tester impressed with the rate of improvement in the app!)

Guest mike-oh

woah! i can now use my phone as a webcam!!!11!eleven!! and the camera app seems a lot more user friendly than the one on the phone.

Brill!

Edited by mike-oh

Guest bluemzd
woah! i can now use my phone as a webcam!!!11!eleven!! and the camera app seems a lot more user friendly than the one on the phone.

Brill!

how to turn on the webcam and to use it on qtek 8310 (i-mate sp5) ?

Guest sporkguy

Hmmm it looks like you have to buy this to unlock the full features? How can we beta test an app if we have to pay for it!

Anyway, checked it out - pretty slick.. from a photographer's POV I like being able to now lock exposure (or lock brightness as this app puts it) :)

Guest jcostantino

This app is fantastic! It actually takes better pictures than the HTC app! I've always had issues with the camera blowing out outdoor scenes and making indoor shots too dark. Somehow they have gotten the camera to behave in my 2125!

I'll most likely be buying this app... I asked for the timeline on a few features (home/end to quit, exposure control, sharpening/noise reduction) and if I get a positive reply from the authors I'll plunk down my cash.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.