make the most of my wifi router

Guest J273

been trying to do this for ages but cant for the life of me get it to work.....could anyone post a simple guide on how to do this,what appa are needed on pc + ppc ...any info would be great...dont want to use orb really Thanks

glad u understood all of that my enter key seems to have given up on me ......yea i heard it was possiuble via resco explorer but i dont have a clue how

any more info guys

Thanks

Guest Laser_iCE

Okay, I'm going to make a bunch of assumptions, so here goes;

You need to make sure you have shared folders on your PC for starters. You can also share a whole drive if you like, but as long as you have a good firewill that will prevent outside access. (Right click the folder, Sharing and Security... and Share it)

Once you've got it shared, then you can open up the stock explorer and type in \\$computername , so for me, I would type in \\Meche . This will then prompt for a user/pass, however, if you haven't done anything, then simply pressing OK should get you through it fine.

Enjoy.

Okay, I'm going to make a bunch of assumptions, so here goes;

You need to make sure you have shared folders on your PC for starters. You can also share a whole drive if you like, but as long as you have a good firewill that will prevent outside access. (Right click the folder, Sharing and Security... and Share it)

Once you've got it shared, then you can open up the stock explorer and type in \\$computername , so for me, I would type in \\Meche . This will then prompt for a user/pass, however, if you haven't done anything, then simply pressing OK should get you through it fine.

Enjoy.

Ahh thanks....so will this allow me to view my pics on the computer and also allow music over the network

Guest Laser_iCE

It sure will :) Also, Tech, I've never had any problems whatsoever...

J273, if you have any troubles, feel free to add me on MSN :)

Laser_iCE

Guest PayableOnDeath
glad u understood all of that my enter key seems to have given up on me ......yea i heard it was possiuble via resco explorer but i dont have a clue how

any more info guys

Thanks

Go to Treeview(or keep pressing the up button lol), where you can see My Device, My network, Recycle Bin, My Reg, My FTP

Tap and hold on My Network then click on map Drive and pick the folder you want to view on your ppc

if that doesnt work(didnt just now on me lol might be due to a new version of resco after updating my Vario)

in Resco tap on Menu then go to file, then to network, then Map Drive :)

Go to Treeview(or keep pressing the up button lol), where you can see My Device, My network, Recycle Bin, My Reg, My FTP

Tap and hold on My Network then click on map Drive and pick the folder you want to view on your ppc

if that doesnt work(didnt just now on me lol might be due to a new version of resco after updating my Vario)

in Resco tap on Menu then go to file, then to network, then Map Drive :)

Thanks.......... but ive tried this and it comes up with no computer was found in the network..but im pretty sure ive disabled the windows service slimming down xp...does anyone have any ideas as to which service is needed in xp?

Thanks

sometimes this works, sometimes it doesnt. it happens with me alot. nothing to do with XP but the way the wireless works on the mobile device

sometimes this works, sometimes it doesnt. it happens with me alot. nothing to do with XP but the way the wireless works on the mobile device

I think it is a service problem though as when i right click a folder to share ,it comes up with an error saying the service is not started

just not sure on the service :)

I have looked thou my XP and I think it would be the "Server" service

Yea thats the one but still get the same error :)

Thanks anyways guys ill keep trying