Pocket IE blocks pop ups

Guest Blakey

Guest Blakey

I am running PIE on my Universal and trying to connect to work via Citrix. This tries to pop up a window but PIE is blocking the pop up and as a result I can't get Citrix running. Is there a way to switch off popup blocking on PIE?

Thanks

Blakey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Blakey

No response?

Failing that then, is there an alternate browser which I might try out (free trial would be good) to find out if I can get Citrix running on my pocket pc?

Thanks!

Blakey

Guest adchaffey
No response?

Failing that then, is there an alternate browser which I might try out (free trial would be good) to find out if I can get Citrix running on my pocket pc?

Thanks!

Blakey

It's not that pocket IE is actually blocking the pop-up, it's more that it doesn't support new windows being opened by a javascript call. This is probably because the Windows Mobile operating system doesn't support opening windows in the same was as a normal PC but I don't know the specifics. I'm sure someone out there knows more than me!

You could try Opera for pocket PC (http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/products/winmobileppc/) but my vote is that it won't work either. There is also a pocket PC version of Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/) but again I'm not sure if it can handle it!

Guest bosshogg
It's not that pocket IE is actually blocking the pop-up, it's more that it doesn't support new windows being opened by a javascript call.

Yep. From MSDN:

"Pocket Internet Explorer does not support multiple windows. Calls to window.open will fail silently (if script errors are off). Attempts to use will not invoke a new browser window. "

Guest adchaffey
Yep. From MSDN:

"Pocket Internet Explorer does not support multiple windows. Calls to window.open will fail silently (if script errors are off). Attempts to use will not invoke a new browser window. "

Ah ha! Exactly as i thought! Interesting to know if minimo or opera support multiple windows perhaps as tabs seen as they are both tab based browsers??