REplaced screen doesnt work!

Guest bomm

I just crashed my LCD on my Qtek 9100, now I have bought at new LCD for my phone, I have replaced it now but it seems that the colors doesnt work!

The Screen look like s***, it is like there is only 16 colors on the screen, I have tried to update the phone witha new rom, but it doesnt help :) Plz help

Guest fluffcat1
I just crashed my LCD on my Qtek 9100, now I have bought at new LCD for my phone, I have replaced it now but it seems that the colors doesnt work!

The Screen look like s***, it is like there is only 16 colors on the screen, I have tried to update the phone witha new rom, but it doesnt help :) Plz help

Some ( including my supplier ) say the screen in the wizard is the same as the magician, but I have seen2 different types. Is the screen you got the same part number as the one that broke?

Richard

Some ( including my supplier ) say the screen in the wizard is the same as the magician, but I have seen2 different types. Is the screen you got the same part number as the one that broke?

Richard

Nope, because it has a 32 in the last 2 numbers were the old one has an 37. The guy who sold me this has promised that it would fit into a Qtek 9100!

Original P/N: 60H00037-00M

Replaced P/N: 60H00032-00

Edited by bomm

Guest fluffcat1
Nope, because it has a 32 in the last 2 numbers were the old one has an 37. The guy who sold me this has promised that it would fit into a Qtek 9100!

It may well *fit* but it obviously doesn't work....if it has a lower part number it implies you've been sent a magician screen on the basis it fits some wizards, which it does.

There is variation even between different HTC wizards for parts - just as there are 3 screens for the blueangel, 2 for the prophet etc etc, so although this screen may fit *some* wizards it doesn't fit yours.

The part numbers are different for a reason. If it was the same part, it'd have the same part number....

Get your money back or ask for the *specific* part not just a screen for model XYZ. You may be damaging the new screen continuing to try to use it. Software rom updates will not help - it's different spec.

Richard

It may well *fit* but it obviously doesn't work....if it has a lower part number it implies you've been sent a magician screen on the basis it fits some wizards, which it does.

There is variation even between different HTC wizards for parts - just as there are 3 screens for the blueangel, 2 for the prophet etc etc, so although this screen may fit *some* wizards it doesn't fit yours.

The part numbers are different for a reason. If it was the same part, it'd have the same part number....

Get your money back or ask for the *specific* part not just a screen for model XYZ. You may be damaging the new screen continuing to try to use it. Software rom updates will not help - it's different spec.

Richard

Were can I buy the right one then ? In Denmark it's not legal to sell Qtek spare part :)