build quality

Guest marcwic

Guest marcwic

I've dropped mine a few times, and now I find that when the keyboard is put away (its in portrait mode) and I apply pressure to the top left there's a lot of movement between the screen and keyboard, it just feels like a bad quality thing when you press on the screen and it moves back a bit! anyone else had this?

Guest nevawlkalone
I've dropped mine a few times, and now I find that when the keyboard is put away (its in portrait mode) and I apply pressure to the top left there's a lot of movement between the screen and keyboard, it just feels like a bad quality thing when you press on the screen and it moves back a bit! anyone else had this?

it could be the fact that you dropped that has loosened the fixings?

Guest marcwic
it could be the fact that you dropped that has loosened the fixings?

That was what I was thinking, just wondred how common it was. my friends is also a bit loose, but when you slide the keyboard half way, its not loose at all, so maybe there's always been a sligh gap to compensate for the fact that the keyboard is raised slightly in the middle. Its definatly got worse since I dropped it! doh!

Guest Laser_iCE

I can JUST squeeze mine together closer, but I mean, how close do you want it? You don't want it being so close that you can literally feel it sliding and grinding as you slide the keyboard out... I think it's been pulled off marvelously at how tight it looks and how well it opens :)

EDIT: Just a quick edit to mention that this was my 200th post! Glad to be a member of such a neat community :)

Edited by Laser_iCE

Guest nevawlkalone
That was what I was thinking, just wondred how common it was. my friends is also a bit loose, but when you slide the keyboard half way, its not loose at all, so maybe there's always been a sligh gap to compensate for the fact that the keyboard is raised slightly in the middle. Its definatly got worse since I dropped it! doh!

It happens....my c550 has been dropped, bashed and smashed (hazards of the job lol) and it rattles a fair bit but works fine...love the little bugger. It happens...with every knock things become looe dont worry bout it.

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest marcwic
It happens....my c550 has been dropped, bashed and smashed (hazards of the job lol) and it rattles a fair bit but works fine...love the little bugger. It happens...with every knock things become looe dont worry bout it.

My battery cover snapped again! Will have to re-glue it at some point, otherwise the next time i drop it it'll fling off for good!

The annoying thing is, I have a case! I dropped it in the case (i'd had a few beers) so i picked it up, and was taking it out of the case to make sure I hadn't broken it, when OOOPs it fell onto a hard floor, bounces, the keyboard opened - it span round and came to a halt. Doh!

The moral of the story? Don't drink and phone!

Guest Laser_iCE

marcwic -- I would think it is worth it, purely because you don't want to break it so much that they say that they refuse to repair/replace it.