Battery life when playing video

Guest soup dragon

Guest soup dragon

Hi guys,

Off on holiday next week and need a couple of video devices to keep the kids happy on the plane. My iPod will do for two of them (although the battery only lasts about 2 hours on video) and I'm thinking about using my mini s for the other one running TCPMP.

Has anybody tried running video playback constantly? How long will it run on a full charge?

Guest soup dragon
Hi guys,

Off on holiday next week and need a couple of video devices to keep the kids happy on the plane. My iPod will do for two of them (although the battery only lasts about 2 hours on video) and I'm thinking about using my mini s for the other one running TCPMP.

Has anybody tried running video playback constantly? How long will it run on a full charge?

Well to answer my own question, I've just run a test and initial results are showing that in excess of 4 hours video playback can be expected with the phone in flight mode.

Pretty impressive.

:)

Guest Laser_iCE

Also, make sure that the brightness is turned down and that no other apps are running, as well as no BT/WiFi/etc. and this will also increase the time :)

Guest soup dragon
Also, make sure that the brightness is turned down and that no other apps are running, as well as no BT/WiFi/etc. and this will also increase the time :)

This phone is just sooooo versatile. I can use it to play games, email, take pictures, listen to music, watch videos..................oh yeah..........it's a phone too!!

2gig card arriving today

:)

Similar thread on Xda dev - most posters claimed 5-6 hours which i can verify. (flight mode/backlight down)

For music - much longer, with screen off etc.. and U could try underclocking!

Guest soup dragon
watch out though as some airlines are still a bit twichy about phones being used in flight mode.

Well I just spent a huge

Edited by soup dragon