tom tom

Guest tiler65

Guest tiler65

i have had a orange m600 for a couple of months but miss using tomtom (on my spv c500). I was wondering if tomtom was compatable or not with my new phone/pda.

has anybody found a way of tweaking it to work.

Guest Pondrew

I think the TomTom licence is non transferrable. Unfortunately that means you couldn't use your existing TomTom Mobile even if it was compatible with the HTC Universal (which unfortunately it isn't from what I've seen). You need TomTom Navigator as that's intended for the Pocket PC platform.

Guest Stub101
Doesn't the pocket PC version of tomtom work on the m600?

I used to have a c500 with ttm working on it and i upgraded to an m600 and kept the bluetooth + downloaded the TomTom Navigator 5 for PPC software and it is awesome - really suits the screen size on the m600, couldnt reccommend it more, integrates with your adress book addresses as well.

Rinses the poor m600's battery though so u do need a powered mount

Guest Pondrew

Apologies tiler65, misread the post and thought you had the VGA screened HTC Universal.

Unfortunately what I posted with regard the non-transferrable licence does still apply so even if TomTom Mobile (the Smartphone version) does work with the SPV M600 Pocket PC you're unlikely to be able to activate it.

To be honest, I think you'd be better off with TomTom Navigator as stated as it makes full use of your Pocket PCs abilities.

Guest tiler65
Apologies tiler65, misread the post and thought you had the VGA screened HTC Universal.

Unfortunately what I posted with regard the non-transferrable licence does still apply so even if TomTom Mobile (the Smartphone version) does work with the SPV M600 Pocket PC you're unlikely to be able to activate it.

To be honest, I think you'd be better off with TomTom Navigator as stated as it makes full use of your Pocket PCs abilities.

many thanks to you all, so i just buy tomtom navigator and keep my old bluetooth reciever?

Guest Speedy
many thanks to you all, so i just buy tomtom navigator and keep my old bluetooth reciever?

I can confirm that tomtom navigator 5 (for ppc) works fine with my qtek S200 along with my holux gpslim 236

:)

Guest rsearley
I can confirm that tomtom navigator 5 (for ppc) works fine with my qtek S200 along with my holux gpslim 236

:)

here is what i did, and it may help awnser your question..

i purchased tt5 for pocket pc, stuck it on my pda2k

i dowloaded ttm5 and maps installed on my c500, i went to ttcode.com and entered my product code, and the device code and an unlock key was issuied that worked with the maps (you can get the second unlock code after 6 months of the first code the system will only issue 2 code)

i bought a sp5m faxed tomtom the receipt, along with product code and device code and they email me an unlock code that worked

when i upgraded the the m600 i did the same thing and the gave me an unlock code that worked

so it apears that key code work with map regions and so long as it matches the the product code and device code it will work

tomtom also dont apear to check the device type matches the purchased product when being faxed the request

so in short, if you can aquire the ppc version of tt5 you will be able to get an activation code from tomtom

Guest tiler65
here is what i did, and it may help awnser your question..

i purchased tt5 for pocket pc, stuck it on my pda2k

i dowloaded ttm5 and maps installed on my c500, i went to ttcode.com and entered my product code, and the device code and an unlock key was issuied that worked with the maps (you can get the second unlock code after 6 months of the first code the system will only issue 2 code)

i bought a sp5m faxed tomtom the receipt, along with product code and device code and they email me an unlock code that worked

when i upgraded the the m600 i did the same thing and the gave me an unlock code that worked

so it apears that key code work with map regions and so long as it matches the the product code and device code it will work

tomtom also dont apear to check the device type matches the purchased product when being faxed the request

so in short, if you can aquire the ppc version of tt5 you will be able to get an activation code from tomtom

many thanks

Guest timoftheblues

I'm having real issues installing the software, would it be Orange blocking it on the OS?

i've got it on my SD card, I run Start and the splash screen appears but then nothing, it just goes back to the file explorer windows.

Any help would be gratefully received as i'm off to Germany tomorrow and will be needing Sat Nav!!

Tim

Guest Phil001
I'm having real issues installing the software, would it be Orange blocking it on the OS?

i've got it on my SD card, I run Start and the splash screen appears but then nothing, it just goes back to the file explorer windows.

Any help would be gratefully received as i'm off to Germany tomorrow and will be needing Sat Nav!!

Tim

Somewhere on thew tomtom website there is an update to allow Navigator 5 to run on Windows mobile 5. Think its 5.21 (when i got it). I had the same problem. Once this is downloaded on your PC just connect your M600 to the PC (USB) and run the update file on your PC to start a wizard - worked fine for me.

....This might be it....5.21 for PPC

• 1 month later...
Guest sittingduck

I have found that tomtom nav 5.00 will not work on the M600, it does not allow you to open the correct port to communicate with your bluetooth GPS reciever,

you must first install v 5.00, then download the upgrade via the tomtom website to v5.21 , once you install the upgrade, it will allow you to open up the correct port in the tomtom menu & allow it to communicate with your GPS reciever,

:) I hope this info helps some people, I have spent many hours fiddling around to get it to work, but this is the solution

Edited by sittingduck

Guest budadank

TomTom Navigator 5 does work with VGA PPC devices such as the Universal. I have been using TTN5 on a Dell Axim x50v with no issues for several months now.