Calling all PPC Gurus

Guest andril

Guest andril

Hello all, thanks for having me as a member - I have the Verizon UTStarcom XV6700 and I am loving it - but I have a few questions that you gurus can help me with:

#1. The Bluetooth indicator as seen here does this still exist or was it replaced by the "Wireless Manager" icon

#2. The green theme also here does any one know where to find one that works properly when the keyboard is in use?

#3. Anyone get ActiveSync to work properly - been 4 weeks with no success /w assistance from VZN,Audiovox & M$oft?

#4. Anyway to install apps without ActiveSync - cannot get it to work - but Wi-Fi & Bluetooth work fine.

Thanks In Advance :)

Guest Confucious

Welcom to the forum. The XV6700 is an HTC Apache - which has rthe same screen res and similar keyboard to the wizard but a faster processer and an ugly ariel!

#1 - the link doesn't take me to the same place as you so can't actually see what you are trying to show us - but priobably.

#2 - check out the wizard forum and see if there any themes that work on the wizard.

#3 - as Tech said - what are the problems -give us details and we can help.

#4 - yes. download a cab file via GPRS or use WM5Storage (available from the downloads section here at modaco) and run the cab on your phone.

HTH

Guest andril

Please forgive me for not making the post clear. I'll try this agin - Thanks Again.

#1. The Bluetooth I was speaking of is as seen here homepromo27jp.gif

in the lower right hand corner

#2. The Green Theme is here on all the devices http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/5/d...es/default.mspx

#3. I am using ActiveSync 4.1 with this device and a Windows XP PC and could not get the PC to detect the device - also tried version 4.2 beta and no success - but works great in my Vista beta.

#4. Can I install apps to the device since my ActiveSync 4.1 does not work for me? Downloading WM5Storage now may also try GPRS.

Thanks again

Edited by andril