Left soft key

Guest bigH

hey everyone im new at modaco and i got an smt5600 (with free unlock of course)

the phone is pretty beat with a cracked screen cover and scratched but until yesterday was working perfectly. then today the left soft key started pressing itself causing the start menu to pop up and close back down. now it doesnt work at all and naturally its locked. LOCKED I SAY!!! lol. and i was wondering is there any way to unlock the keypad without having to use the left soft? anyone? after that im gonna get my conacts copied to the SIM then hard reset it. THANKS!

try to download and install THIS so you can re-map your left softkey on either 1, 3, 7 or 9 key...

thanks that would work but the problem is i locked the keypad and cant unlock it.

i was thinking is anyone around here familiar enough with windows mobile APIs and already have visual studio who could just slap together a 10 line program that will unlock my phone on startup? anyone? until then im lugging around my sister's crappy samsung with my card in it. :) lol

Edited by bigH

i spent an hour looking through the registry last night and found... well not much. i called cingular my new VOX is in the mail. hopefully those a-holes wont charge me much.

If you take the battery out and turn the phone back on surely it wont be still locked :) ?

pulled the battery about 10 times. whatever i called up cingular those aholes told me that a replacement (i bought mine less than a year ago w00t) is gonna be friday. so i just hope they dont decide its not covered by the warranty.

• 1 month later...
Guest ddhytz
try to download and install THIS so you can re-map your left softkey on either 1, 3, 7 or 9 key...

That app uses 1,3,7,9 keys. Is there any simpler way to use t-zone key and WM keys to function as the left/right soft keys?