Sprite Backup for Windows Mobile 5 Smartphones released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hot (well OK, more 'lukewarm') on the heels of their release of Sprite Backup for Pocket PCs sporting Windows Mobile 5, Sprite Software have released Sprite Backup 5.1 for Windows Mobile 5 Smartphones.

Full details can be found here.

Chances are you already know that Sprite Backup is the number one Windows Mobile backup solution, but if not, here's what you're missing out on...

Features of Sprite Backup v5.1

Backup to Device and/or Storage Card

Backup to PC - Increased protection by moving backups off-device

Credant Compatible - The only WM5 Backup application that correctly restores Credant Secure Folders

Sprite Setup Wizard - Easy setup & instant data protection

Upgrade Mode - Recover from a lost device or restore after a ROM Upgrade

Self-Extracting Backup Files - Restore backups faster

Automatic Scheduled Backup - ongoing data protection

Compression and Encryption Features - Password always ON

Automatic Backup File Management - Optimize storage space used

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest Sonicr360

I was involved in the Beta testing of this product and the PPC.

I can assure you, if it was rushed out, NO ONE would have purchased it!

Why you may ask...... well quite simply it did not work! (Restores that is!).

Ok has taken a while to come out, but I think youll be impressed with the finished product, and I know SP users have been begging to get hold of something like this!

Once you use it, you will not go back to anything else (Unless you decided to purchase an alternative!!)

Guest kujab

I was testing Beta version. It waorked somehow, but everytime need restart of device. Therefore it is impossible to use on SmartPhone with scheduled backuo. I was using scheduled backup on my Sony Clie UX-50 everyday on 22:00. In this circumstances it is not possible. SmartPhone would be till the morning not connected to the GSM network.

Guest conan_troutman

er the shut down after the scheduled back no longer happens due to me telling the people at sprite is was a crap function when you needed to be woke up in the morning but to find you missed you alarm as sprite had switched off the phone.

now it merely reboots it

you see beta testing is for testing and reporting back to the makers any fualts or things that make it un user freindly

• 1 month later...
Guest TonyL

WARNING BEFORE BUYING

I have a C600, WM5 with the AKU2/MSMFP feature pack. Bought the software, wouldnt work. Logged call with Orange and got a util specifically for my phone and disables application locking. Now I cant use the software.

Message from Sprite is:

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the query. Unfortunately none of our software will support Orange phones running Windows Mobile 5, since our software does not have the access to those phones.

We are discussing with them about this issue, but they seem not want to sign the access for us at the moment. So I could not tell how long its going to be, but we are still trying.

Thank your attention on our products, and please keep visiting our website. There will be an announcement when we have a version which can support Oranges.

Best Regards,

Mark Ma

Sprite Software

---------------------------------------------------------

Wonder why orange have a problem with their software.....

Guest conan_troutman

er because without the back up feature more people might take the phone in to be repaired then conned into another orange trap....well thats just my evil version of why

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.