Outlook email - why can't I send from my phone?!

I have recently got an MDA Pro from T mobile with the unlimited web browsing option. I was using Outlook Express on my home pc but have migrated that to Outlook. Having sync'd the phone and pc I now have all my mail folders (inbow, outbox and all the ones I created) on my phone along with the messages. BUT, it seems that when I send a message from within Pocket Outlook on the phone, all it does is puts it in my outbox and then I have to sync with the pc in order for the pc to send the email. Also I will only receive an email when I sync with the pc. I have managed to set up my blueyonder email as a separate POP3 account on the MDA but this doesn't work with Pocket Outlook, although I can send and receive remotely using just the phone. Am I being incredibly stupid here, or is this state of affairs incredibly stupid?!

I was kind of hoping/expecting that once it was all set up I would be able to send email from either the pc or the phone and when I sync'd then all sent and received emails would then be on both devices ... is this not possible?

It seems that this system takes me 99% of the way to having a fantastic set up to work remotely, but fails rather miserably at the final hurdle ... I just can't understand why, if the pc and phone can sync so well together and the phone is clearly capable of sending email (like it does with the POP3 account, and hotmail for that matter) why the two things can't be combined within Outlook .... any ideas?!?!?!?!

Hi Gareth,

I just got my m600 and i am having the same problem. i synced my Outlook and the emails went across fine but when i create an email and send (assuming that it will use the default settings that have migrated from the PC) it just goes to the outbox and sits there until I sync again. The send/receive option on the phone is greyed out.

Hope an expert out there can help us.

Guest LSmith4285

The outlook mailbox will only sync with outlook.

If you want to e-mail directly you need to enter the details of your e-mail account for the PDA to get into them directly.

So you basically need to setup a new e-mail account on the device and this will create a new inbox/outbox which will attach to your mailbox directly.