Activesync on Vario's new ROM

Guest Honest John

Guest Honest John

We have just received a batch of varios with the new ROM update (battery meter on top line etc).

Having set these up for corporate use, I have noticed that we can get Activesync working perfectly using the programs option from the home screen, but pressing the top lefthand button that gives you the choice of Bluetooth on/off, wi-fi on/off etc does not work with the Activesync icon. It remains greyed out.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it a faulty occurrence on the Vario that I have just had set up?

Guest hotphil

The button in the Comms Manager is the Push Email icon. Assuming you're using the push email, how long are you waiting? Mine sometimes takes a good few seconds to "catch up" and accurately show the buttons.

Guest Happy Dave
We have just received a batch of varios with the new ROM update (battery meter on top line etc).

Having set these up for corporate use, I have noticed that we can get Activesync working perfectly using the programs option from the home screen, but pressing the top lefthand button that gives you the choice of Bluetooth on/off, wi-fi on/off etc does not work with the Activesync icon. It remains greyed out.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it a faulty occurrence on the Vario that I have just had set up?

mine is the same, always wondered why the AS is greyed out as well

Guest Honest John

It always worked on the earlier release of the ROM. It was certainly more convenient than going through the program option.

Bug or feature?

You decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YoungHog

This is not a BUG.. that option has always never turned on unless the usb cable was connected

or a bluetooth partner (activesync) was established before pushing it..

Hope that helps.