TV Remote software for the Wizard

Guest Laser_iCE

Guest Laser_iCE

http://www.htcwizardweb.net/node/663

"Novii Remote beta 4.0 has been released, and according to the release notes now supports the OMAP 850 Processor. That makes it compatible with the HTC Wizard. This sounds like good news, but it isn't.

It has been mentioned in previous discussions in the forum here on the HTC Wizard Web that the infrared transmitter in the HTC Wizard isn't strong enough for the device to be used as remote controler. With Novii Remote now being compatible with the HTC Wizard this theorie has been put to the test, and turns out to be correct."

yup thats true :)

I dont understand why people dont listen/agree with what the manufacturers have written, who knows more about the products than the manufacturers/developers themselves?

Edited by Tech

Guest Pondrew

Similar here. Used to have no problem using universal tv remote software on the MDA III (HTC Blue Angel). Surprised to hear that the newer Pocket PC Phones from HTC seem to have less range...

Guest crx16

Works great on my VHS and Sky box, 2 metres atleast, not so great on my tv thou, 1.5m range and has to be directly in line

Like the way you can 'save' the signal from a remote to the device for using

Guest Laser_iCE

Yeah, the buttons kind of "hang" for a bit on my foxtel digital receiver ... As in if you press it, it takes a tad bit longer than normal, and presses the button twice, so its obviously the signal is being extended or something, i dunno.

However, for both my TV and the TV upstairs, it works great. I love how you can re-arrange it all :) Super cool.

Guest w411y

Couldnt get it working on my Sky box ;) Its a Panasonic and niether of the 5 worked :)

Any idea where I can get the database for it?

EDIT: No need... didn't realise it could learn from a remote you have :)

Edited by w411y