Exchange - Activesync error

Guest Strutsagget

Guest Strutsagget

Hi i wonder if there is anyone that has solved this problem? I have googled on it and triedd every solution i have seen on the topic for no help.

My system is Cisco pix 501 port 433 forward to Windows server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed. Port 80 forward to Windows Server 2003 that is our domain controller and main web server.

OWA works perfect with formed based autentification.

When i try to use Activesync on my qtec 9100 i get error on server with supportcode: 0x85010014.

On the Exchange server i get the following error in my event viewer:

Activesync error event id 3005

Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [xxx.PIJA.SE] User: [[email protected]] HTTP status code: [501]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

I allso sometimes get the following error recorded in my event viewer:

Error MSExchangeDSImp Event id 182

The description for Event ID ( 182 ) in Source ( MSExchangeDSImp ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond.

I appologize for bad spelliing and if i have posted this topic in the wrong place.

/Niklas

Sorry to ask this silly Q but i guess anything is worth a shot - you have made sure that the server details and such are correct on the mobile device?

Guest Strutsagget
Sorry to ask this silly Q but i guess anything is worth a shot - you have made sure that the server details and such are correct on the mobile device?

I guess so... if i use anything else i get the eror that it cant find server... And as i get the errors on the server when i try to sync i guess it connects at first. To connect to the OWA i use https://pija.se and on the qtek i have pija.se.

In the domain name on the qtek setting i have pija

I doubt highly that this would be the issue but it appears that the website does not have a valid/certified certificate, sometimes it can cause the problem but I am unsure.

if I find anything, ill be sure to post it :)

Guest Strutsagget

Hi again!

thx for trying to help! Have tried those pages before and they dont seam to help.... Does anyone know if port 80 goes to another server makes activesync failing? i cant change this as i need port 80 to go to our main web server...

Guest mossywell

Few things.

1. You don't need inbound port 80 to any server - only 443, so that's not an issue here.

2. I'm assuming that the root certificate is installed in your PPC device? (If you've purchased a certificate from one of the usual suppliers, then it will be. Probably nothing to do with this but thought I'd ask anyway.)

3. This has the flavour of a server-side problem, not a client-side problem. Hmmm 501.. Let me think... This rings a bell.. (I must have come across it sometime - I've done a few zillion Activesync installs in my time!) [Clutching at straws] You might want to check the permissions on the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual server in IIS. I've seen them change from their default settings for no obvious reason. I'm afraid I don't know what the defaults are off the top of my head as I've had a few beers and can't remember. :) Oh alright then, IIRC it's basic authentication only and the domain field needs to be filled out. I'm assuming that you're not clustered here?

Of course, when I re-read this in the morning, I'll remember why it is that it's never a good idea to post messages after too much beer! :)

HTH

Guest Strutsagget
Few things.

1. You don't need inbound port 80 to any server - only 443, so that's not an issue here.

2. I'm assuming that the root certificate is installed in your PPC device? (If you've purchased a certificate from one of the usual suppliers, then it will be. Probably nothing to do with this but thought I'd ask anyway.)

3. This has the flavour of a server-side problem, not a client-side problem. Hmmm 501.. Let me think... This rings a bell.. (I must have come across it sometime - I've done a few zillion Activesync installs in my time!) [Clutching at straws] You might want to check the permissions on the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual server in IIS. I've seen them change from their default settings for no obvious reason. I'm afraid I don't know what the defaults are off the top of my head as I've had a few beers and can't remember. :) Oh alright then, IIRC it's basic authentication only and the domain field needs to be filled out. I'm assuming that you're not clustered here?

Of course, when I re-read this in the morning, I'll remember why it is that it's never a good idea to post messages after too much beer! :)

HTH

1. great

2. yes addad my certificat to the phone

3 tried that.... dosnt make any diffrerance. Added a picture of my setting for info have tried anonomys acess on and off...

post-195813-1151490197_thumb.jpg

Guest mossywell

Pants! I was about to ask about FE/BE and forms based authentication but then I was ExchDAV lurking in the background of the screenshot. Nice one. :)

Worth checking that the MasSync service in the registry points to /ExchDAV. It's a long shot, but worth checking.

Also, IIS permissions on the ExchDAV wort a check:

Basic and Integrated Windows based, with the domain set to "\"

If that's no help, it might be time to start digging through log files. :)

Guest Strutsagget
Pants! I was about to ask about FE/BE and forms based authentication but then I was ExchDAV lurking in the background of the screenshot. Nice one. :)

Worth checking that the MasSync service in the registry points to /ExchDAV. It's a long shot, but worth checking.

Also, IIS permissions on the ExchDAV wort a check:

Basic and Integrated Windows based, with the domain set to "\"

If that's no help, it might be time to start digging through log files. ;)

have tried most of these things... you can se my settings in the reg and IIS on the pics below.

Noticed that i had used the wrong slash and changed that.

My IIS log file logs this all the time

#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status

2006-07-01 00:03:35 192.168.10.3 PROPFIND /ExchDAV/[email protected]/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/PocketPC/F304D647CDBDED4A670BF3F567CBCC0D - 80 - 192.168.10.3 Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/6.5.7638.1 401 1 0

2006-07-01 00:03:35 192.168.10.3 PROPFIND /ExchDAV/[email protected]/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/PocketPC/F304D647CDBDED4A670BF3F567CBCC0D - 80 PIJA\test 192.168.10.3 Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/6.5.7638.1 501 0 0

2006-07-01 00:18:43 192.168.10.3 PROPFIND /ExchDAV/[email protected]/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/PocketPC/F304D647CDBDED4A670BF3F567CBCC0D - 80 - 192.168.10.3 Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/6.5.7638.1 401 1 0

2006-07-01 00:18:43 192.168.10.3 PROPFIND /ExchDAV/[email protected]/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/PocketPC/F304D647CDBDED4A670BF3F567CBCC0D - 80 PIJA\test 192.168.10.3 Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/6.5.7638.1 501 0 0

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0

does anyone understand this ? :)

post-195813-1151754304_thumb.jpg

post-195813-1151754318_thumb.jpg