WM5 Free Storage Memory VERY low

Guest Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

Hi Guys

Got a WM5 O2 XDA EXEC and have a problem - its been behaving very sluggish over the past 24 hours. I uninstalled a suspect application that was designed for a previous version of the OS, however I just noticed the FREE memory for the Storage is 7.96mb and program memory is 22.37MB

I recall on my IPAQ, you could control how much memory is allocated to programs and storage - is there an option in WM5?

Thanks

Simon

Guest chucky.egg

You can't control the memory in the same way any more - WM5 has seperate memory for "RAM" and Storage.

22Mb of "RAM" is OK, but some apps (eg CoPilot) take large amounts, so you may find you need to close other apps before starting it.

8Mb free Storage isn't a lot, but it's not the worst I've seen either. If you surf the interweb a lot you could clear your cache out. (\Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files)

Guest Sonicr360

Thanks Chucky!

The figures I reportes are with NO programs running in the background. All apps are on the storage card - cleared cache out ages ago, and removed files I knew where in the device which are now deleted.

Would like to get more out of it really.

Guest chucky.egg

There's an app called Space Detective, by Sprite Software, which used to come with Sprite Backup.

It shows summaries of the space used, and lets you drill down through folders to see exactly where it's being eaten up.

I've never found anything quite as good for finding what's taking up space.

Space Detective seems to have been dropped now but you may be able to get a copy and licence from Sprite.

As for "RAM", one of the easiest things to do is turn off all your Today plugins and reboot. See what you have then. IME some plugins use more memory than they're worth