Prophet spares

Guest haggy spv

Guest haggy spv

Hi All,

I have been a regular reader of these pages and user of SPV but never registered as the info I need has usually already been posted.

But now I need some extra help from the experts -

I dropped my M600 into water. I'm sure you can imagine, I was devistated, in the panic attack that followed I removed the battery and left the phone to dry. A few nervous days later I powered up the phone and it appeared to be functional appart from the screen. The screen colours are all messed up and if used for a few minutes the colours all wash out to a pale flickering blue. I can post a screen shot.

I got a quote for repair from a laptop repair company for

Guest EvilDaz

Hi

getting spares will be next to impossible. I couldn't even get a spare part for my Linksys mouse, even from Linksys themselves ( My right mouse button stopped working so just needed the little PCB board with the microswitches on. Having no right mouse button is very frustrating), so I doubt very much you would be able to get a screen for this. You could ask this laptop repair place just for the screen or contact HTC (they are Taiwanese by the way) directly.

Or take the device back to your provider and say it stopped working. They may be able to tell its water damage, but deny it and say the box was already open (mine was) when you took it away and it slowly deteriorated over the last few days. Or if you have home and contents insurance, see if they cover it, say you had it next to a central heating pipe and it leaked over your phone.

Good luck :)

Edited by EvilDaz

Guest raiderz

If you are on contract, take out Orange Care (if you already haven't) then ring OCS up and tell them your screen wont come on no matter what you do. If they ask if there are any signs of physical damage, say no (I assume that once dried it looks perfectly normal). It will cost you an admin fee to get a replacement but this is approx

Guest haggy spv

Thanks for the replies,

Yep getting spares is near impossible, the laptop company has a spares listing on their website but not listed is the prophet screen. However they are on holiday now this week and next week so I cant contact them to check. I contacted HTC and they replied very quickly stating that they do not supply spares but would replace the screen for