M600 keeps switching itself off

Guest bertm

Guest bertm

My M600 has taken to switching itself off all the time. I've no idea what's causing it but I often go to use it and find that it is off.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest jimbouk

Is it "off" or in standby?

All pocket pc phone devices switch themselves to standby after a preset time. You can set this time in power settings. It is still working as a phone, and incoming calls/texts/emails will wake it. A simple push of the power button brings the device back to life. I advise you require it to ask for a pin entry on reverting from standby, otherwise you find you make calls when it is in your pocket and receive a text (which wakes up the device and makes the touchscreen and buttons live)

If it is actually turning itself off (ie it requires a full re-start taking a couple of minutes each time you go to use it) then it is either switching itself off due to low battery or there is a more serious problem with it.

Guest bertm

Thanks for replying. It's fully off. I know what you mean about standby etc but it has to take a couple of mins to load up again going through the orange screen and then the windows mobile screen before it gets started.

It's not caused by a low battery as I can easily switch it on again and use it with the battery at a decent level. Unless the battery is losing charge for a second or something like that.

Any suggestions based on that info?

Guest PaulF

Mine's just started doing this today (done it twice in 2 hours)

I've been experimeting with various software on there - so could it be some software causing the problem?

Here's what I've got on there at the moment:

(Stuff I've had on for a few days)

David Andr Batti 2.0

CAI Systems cLaunch

vjphone tools

regedit

wm5storage

ISHISOFT task manager

Jon Welch Space Trader

Elements Interactive S-Tris

SPBBackup (demo)

Microsoft Voice Commander 1.5

(Stuff I've put on this morning)

Infinite Dreams SkyForceDemoPPC v1.22e

Chris Baker PPCSuDoku

Jackson He Beats Metronome

I also tried the reg tweak tp stop the Text Message sent message - creating HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMsg with a string value of '1' - but this hasn't worked.

I guess it's likely to be one of today's apps causing the problem - if the device switches off any more times today I'll considre going back to the backup I made this morning and see if that resolves the problems.

Those of you that are also getting these problems - are you running any of these apps??

PaulF

Guest bertm

Nope I don't run any of those apps. In fact at the moment I'm not running any extra apps at all over and above the standard install so it's all the more frustrating :)