at&t natural voices

Guest paulend

Guest paulend

anyone know if yu can download this for free? ive looked on the website but all i can get is the demo, but cant download the wav's. I want my phone to speak :!: ;)

If you've got two email addresses you could always use the dictaphone function to record yourself saying "PAUL, IT'S ME! YOUR PHONE! ANSWER ME GODDAMMIT!" Email yourself the wav and hey-ho and away we go... ;)

Guest SPLATT!
anyone know if yu can download this for free?  ive looked on the website but all i can get is the demo, but cant download the wav's.  I want my phone to speak :!:  ;)

I've used their demo on the net. It plays back through Windows Media Player. Once you have played the sample, click on FileSave As. Then simply copy it to your phone.

I have not tried this at home, only at work on my NT 4 box with Media Player 6.4x. I think it should still work though. I will try it tonight and post the results, unless somebody has access to something other than my 'State of the Ark' PC.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yeah it can be done like that. I thought i had the page bookmarked, apparently not.

I'm running WinXP Pro with WMP9 so there aren't any compatability problems.

Guest SPLATT!

I have downloaded the demo. It does a reasonable job of the text to speech conversion, but I can not see how you can save the speech to a .wav file. It also has some vicious AV's!

Guest HelloDave

A quick hack to save a wav file is to use sound recorder or similar program, set the record source on your soundcard to its own output (on my PC its called "stereo mix" or it could be called "loopback" or similar) and then click record in sound recorder and play the speech in ReadPlease. Trim off any start and end silences and you have a speech recording!

Guest ianintheworld

I used the AT&T synthesiser and then went to my internet cache - C:Documents and Settingsyour user nameLocal SettingsTemporary Internet Files and look for the output_#.wav It numbers the files according to each playback so # could be 1 to whatever....

I used the 22k wav uk english audrey generator and managed to secure each file this way.

Hi there, Im new but im actually a former TTS Engineer, one of the few in the UK, ATnT TTS costs £2k! and you can add a custom voice for 200k each! If u get an 'ahem' copy it stikll requires about a gig of ram to work decently