m600 wifi file transfer

Guest francesco303

Guest francesco303

im just setting up a new m600, its conected to my wifi network, and browsing the web. but im trying to transfer music files to and from my pc - is it possible to share folders via wifi with the m600? i cant seem to find a way to do this i.e setting a folder as shared on the phone - any ideas?

Guest jimbouk

Three options:

1) Use activesync to copy the files onto your sd card

2) Use a network-able file manager like VM net browser

3) Use orb.com to turn your pc into a media server that you can access from any internet device.

Guest francesco303
Three options:

1) Use activesync to copy the files onto your sd card

2) Use a network-able file manager like VM net browser

3) Use orb.com to turn your pc into a media server that you can access from any internet device.

thanks - the vm net browser seems good to me. i know all about active sync :) but i want to do it anywhere in the house, without wires :) thanks again!

Guest Shuflie

You can connect to a network share without any additional software. Open file explorer and and from the menu select open path, then enter the network path to the shared folder you need access to.

For some reason on my router if I don't use DHCP to configure the PC IP address then I need to specify an IP address for my connection to work. As I've got my home network set up with port forwarding to certain PC I need to manually configure the IP. If the network connection is going to work a pop will appear asking you for a username, password and domain. The name and password should be for an account on the shared PC with access to the folder, and the domain is the network name of the computer, For a user call John on a computer called mypc the username is John, the password is John's password and the domain is mypc. (this is all assuming a home networking setup, for a network with a domain controller you can just log in as a domain user and specify the domain name in the appropiate section, although the home networking method should also work).

Guest francesco303

thanks to all of you. iv got hold of the trial of vm net browser and it works fine. even streaming audio over the network is good. Shuflie, ill try your method before i invest the $17 for the full version. this has got me thinking though: is there a little box that will plug into my hi-fi and enable me to send the streamed audio via bluetooth over to the hi-fi??

Guest jimbouk
thanks to all of you. iv got hold of the trial of vm net browser and it works fine. even streaming audio over the network is good. Shuflie, ill try your method before i invest the $17 for the full version. this has got me thinking though: is there a little box that will plug into my hi-fi and enable me to send the streamed audio via bluetooth over to the hi-fi??

I wouldnt use BT? If you want a little box to play your audio files from your pc on your stereo, then get a wifi media receiver.

Guest maxwell_hung

Why don't you plug your M600 into your hi-fi? I plug mine into it, sounds great.

On a note about orb, is there any way you can use it without connecting to the net and registering an account with orb? I don't want to stream my stuff over the net, just over my LAN. Seems a bit overkill for that.

Is there anything else that will do the same thing, shoutcast perhaps?

Edited by maxwell_hung