QTek 8310 - Cant close GPRS Connection since ROM update

Guest Unic0der

Guest leethacker

Hey guys,

I have updated the QTek 8310 of my cousing to the latest ROM version 2.0.9.0, but now there's a serious problem that has never happened before. After sending a MMS message or doing some other GPRS related stuff it is not possible to close the connection by pressing the red "hang up" button like with the old ROM. Now only switching the device completely off helps to close the connection. Am I simply to stupid to use the phone or has Microsoft changed something? Is there maybe some registry tweak to bring back the behaviour of the old rom?

Any help is appreciated. :)

Guest conan_troutman

you have to go to the comm manager and close is from there using the data connection option

however I then get a knock on effect which is when I close it via comm manager it doesnt re open the connection for mms messages until I reboot the phone

Guest leethacker

Damn, is that really true that the red button press thing does not work on the new 8310 ROM. I works still great with the latest i-Mate ROM. So I wonder whats different between the two.

Guest jm012a9749
I dont know I even did a reg edit to re enable the red key disconnect but it didnt work at all

noticed this as well..... having to use the comm manager which doesnt always manage to close it for some reason.

Phil

Guest tamanaco

I just noticed that I'm also having this problem with the new 2.0.9.0 ROM update. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? It was so convinient to end GPRS session with the hangup button. I'll have to check my next phone bill as I connected the FIFA site via GPRS whenenver I could not get a WiFI hot spots. I checked the scores, pressed the hang up button and put the phone back in my pocket. Arrrrrrg... I thought I had ended all those Edge/GPRS sessions... I hope Cingular does not charge me for all that connection time.

Guest WarezAppz
I just noticed that I'm also having this problem with the new 2.0.9.0 ROM update. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? It was so convinient to end GPRS session with the hangup button. I'll have to check my next phone bill as I connected the FIFA site via GPRS whenenver I could not get a WiFI hot spots. I checked the scores, pressed the hang up button and put the phone back in my pocket. Arrrrrrg... I thought I had ended all those Edge/GPRS sessions... I hope Cingular does not charge me for all that connection time.

Can anyone tell me where to find ROM updates for the T-Mobile Vario (USA). I updated with the UK version and tweaked back to USA Settings - yes, I've noticed this problem that you speak of as well. I also have issues with Bluetooth Headset going a little crazy. It appears that if you leave Bluetooth enabled on the vario and the Headset disappears (charging so it's offline) then try to answer a call with the headset - it's darned near impossible to get the Vario to see the headset or even answer the call without a minor acto of god.

However, anyone knowing the location for USA T-Mobile MDA Vario updates - please advise. Your help is appreciated!

• 10 months later...
Guest tassot

Hi,

I noticed this problem too. And it is realy frustrating having to turn phone in flight mode and then back again to turn it off. There are a few more ways to. But it involves more than 10 klicks in the menues..

I reply to this cous it´s still a problem. Some one help us!!

Jonas

Guest Mancom

to resolve this problem and turn back to old functionality you need to edit the registry.

Go to: HKLM-->Comm-->ConnMgr-->Planner-->Settings-->SuspendResume

and delete ~GPRS! value.

This value was couseing phone to keep active gprs connection by any meanings. When you delete it, red button will close the connection again.

Mancom