gps & tomtom problem

Guest mj82

Guest mj82

I hope that one of you people out there can help as i am a complete newb and am pulling my hair out.

I have tomtom5 installed and use a bt308 bluetooth receiver. i brought a new 1gb sd card and copied all of the files over from my old one, i went in to tomtom and it starts and runs fine the problem that i have is that it wont connect to my gps device, i put my old card back in and now have the same problem. I have tried to restore everything via a spb backup that was made when the device was new and all working but still no jo.

I have checked the setting in bluetooth and they are as follows under devices it has a ?in a circle then bt-gps-03122d if you go into edit it has a boxed ticked in serial port.

In comports it says bt-gps-03122d (com6) under edit it says port com6 and the secure connection box is unchecked.

please please help as i am pulling my hairout and worried that i have broken it, thanks in advance also can anyone tell me how to pair the device with my phone as i have read some threads and they all say to do this.

Edited by mj82

I hope that one of you people out there can help as i am a complete newb and am pulling my hair out.

I have tomtom5 installed and use a bt308 bluetooth receiver. i brought a new 1gb sd card and copied all of the files over from my old one, i went in to tomtom and it starts and runs fine the problem that i have is that it wont connect to my gps device, i put my old card back in and now have the same problem. I have tried to restore everything via a spb backup that was made when the device was new and all working but still no jo.

I have checked the setting in bluetooth and they are as follows under devices it has a ?in a circle then bt-gps-03122d if you go into edit it has a boxed ticked in serial port.

In comports it says bt-gps-03122d (com6) under edit it says port com6 and the secure connection box is unchecked.

please please help as i am pulling my hairout and worried that i have broken it, thanks in advance also can anyone tell me how to pair the device with my phone as i have read some threads and they all say to do this.

Try checking the 'secure connection' box. I have just upgraded to TOMTOM 5.21 and had all sorts of problems with the GPS connection and it was a case of trial and error but finally the port in the pairing was available in the TOMTOM GPS properties and it all worked.

Guest mj82
Try checking the 'secure connection' box. I have just upgraded to TOMTOM 5.21 and had all sorts of problems with the GPS connection and it was a case of trial and error but finally the port in the pairing was available in the TOMTOM GPS properties and it all worked.

thanks for the sujjestion tried this but still no joy, i have just borrowed a different bt gps reciever and this works fine, i think that sorts the problem.