newbie-esque wifi/gprs qeustion

Guest turbo lemon

Guest turbo lemon

I've had the phone ages, and am embarrassed to be asking this at this late stage, but I'm just not able to set it up how I'd like it.

I'd like to set the device up so that the majority of the time it uses gprs to connect to the net, but when I'm at home I'd like to easily be able to tell it to use wifi.

What's the easiest way to set this up?

T-Mobile vario, btw...

Cheers

Guest JamieDow

Hmm i'm sure someone will offer you a top notch way of sorting this but I just turn on wifi when indoors and it connects straight to my router and when out and about leave wifi off to use GPRS :S

Guest diacono

I would be intereste in a similar solution....

I hardly ever used GPRS as I have wireless both at home and at work. Before the AKU2 update I disable GPRS (somewhere!) but since the update it now frequently attempt to dial GPRS even while connected via WiFi and its getting very annoying and expensive!!! :)

Any ideas?

Guest Laser_iCE

Chances are that although the little WiFi icon is up in the top bar, it's not actually connected, and if it's not connected, then it automatically tries to use GPRS/Edge :)

Guest TheNerd

You need to use the "Select Networks" button from the Network Management screen and change the way that programs automatically connect to the Internet.

Start > Settings > Connections tab > Connections icon > Advanced tab > Select Networks button > Alter the drop down list.

I have a WiFi network and a GPRS network (T-Mobile default settings). There is probably some method to get a shortcut to this function, possibly with third party software. It would be nice to be able to flick the drop down list of networks from the Comm Manager!

Regards,

TheNerd