WM5 and A(lternate) L(ine) S(ervice)?

Guest gemx

Guest gemx

Hi,

after a long while just using my MPX220 mainly for phone calls (i know, very boring :) )

I think about buying a new toy :)

Again its the same problem i always have, when looking for a new phone: i need ALS support.

That means you have 1 SIM but two phone numbers on it. Incoming calls are received for both numbers and you can switch the outgoing line. The meaning of this is, that you get a sim from your company and have a private number, which gets billed seperatly.

In smartphone 2003 se there was this little "1" or "1" in the middle of the top line of the display which indicates the current outgoing line.

To cut it short:

Does anybody know if this feature is supported by WM5 on the Wizard?

The WM5 Smartphone does support it.

Thanks in advance, for a quick response ;)

Guest Swampie
Hi,

after a long while just using my MPX220 mainly for phone calls (i know, very boring :) )

I think about buying a new toy :)

Again its the same problem i always have, when looking for a new phone: i need ALS support.

That means you have 1 SIM but two phone numbers on it. Incoming calls are received for both numbers and you can switch the outgoing line. The meaning of this is, that you get a sim from your company and have a private number, which gets billed seperatly.

In smartphone 2003 se there was this little "1" or "1" in the middle of the top line of the display which indicates the current outgoing line.

To cut it short:

Does anybody know if this feature is supported by WM5 on the Wizard?

The WM5 Smartphone does support it.

Thanks in advance, for a quick response ;)

No idea about whether the Wizard supports this, but it's called Line 2 on Orange. Might have more success searching for Line 2 rather than ALS?

Guest gemx
No idea about whether the Wizard supports this, but it's called Line 2 on Orange. Might have more success searching for Line 2 rather than ALS?

Thanks, but I only found 1 other question about Line 2 which got no response til now.

So, anybody any clues?

Guest chucky.egg

There are no UK operators that carry the Wizard and offer Line2, which is probably why there's not been much response.

AFAIK (and I might well be wrong) no PPC PE device supports Line2