Accessing PC files via PPC

Guest Burns

Guest Burns

Hi,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to stream media files over my wifi connection to my orange m500. I have tried various programs (tcpmp, resco, total commander) but I still can't get it to work! As suggested elsewhere, I have been trying //pc name/folder but this doesn't work.

For example my pc is called pc on the network and I have a shared folder on my desktop, so I type in //PC/desktop/Share but this doesn't work.

The only thing I can think of is that I have a firewall router connected but I don't think it is this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest furby

Can you connect using terminal services?

That should work the way you described trying it. Maybe try the IP address instead on the pc name.

Can you access the shared folders from another pc on the network?

Edited by furby

Guest nevawlkalone

try

\\PC name\desktop\share

Use back slash instead of forward slash...

If the folder is shared then the firewall shouldnt make any dfference!

M

Guest Burns
try

\\PC name\desktop\share

Use back slash instead of forward slash...

If the folder is shared then the firewall shouldnt make any dfference!

M

Hi,

I have tried via terminal services using both pc name (pc) and IP 192.168.1.3 and still no good!

Guest Shuflie
Hi,

I have tried via terminal services using both pc name (pc) and IP 192.168.1.3 and still no good!

Judging by the IP address I'd guess you're using a static IP on the PC? If you are try setting a static IP in the same subgroup for your phone's wireless card too. After you do this disable then re-enable the wireless networking to get it moved over to the new IP address.

Guest Palindrome

It's been a while since I tried this but I believe you can use PocketLAN to access your shared folder on your PC from your mobile and open your vids with TCPMP by simply navigating to them.

If you can't get it working let me know I'll dust off my WiFi card and give more in-depth instructions.

Edited by Palindrome

Guest Burns

i managed to get it working, i think my software firewall was blocking the request to connect to my pc's ip!

I used resco explorer in the end :)

Is it possible to setup a lan connection using usb/activesynch?

thanks