Backing up contacts

Guest davejphartley

Guest davejphartley

Hi

I need to back up my contacts in order to put them onto a nokia phone.

Is there anything out there that will save my contacts and allow me to move them over without having to bluetooth individual contacts. My nokia phone (8800) does have a memory card so im guessing they could go over to the phone memory or the sim card. Oh and I dont have a Nokia Data Cable.

Thanks guys

Guest davejphartley
If you open a contact, there is a menu item to save it to sim.

thanks jimbouk.. but I was hoping to find a quicker way. I have over a hundred contacts... including email addresses 2nd phone numbers etc as well.

• 1 year later...
thanks jimbouk.. but I was hoping to find a quicker way. I have over a hundred contacts... including email addresses 2nd phone numbers etc as well.

I have used the following program and it worked great.

PPCPimBackupV2.5_wm2005

Just google it. It is super easy!

Good luck!

Guest Neil5459

Using a Windows Mobile backup manager/contact manager is fine for getting your contacts off the phone, onto a memory card, but there's no way the Nokia phone would be able to read them ;)

The only secure way is to sync the PPC with Outlook, then use the Nokia PC Suite to sync back to the new phone, but you'd have to buy a data cable (about £10)

• 4 weeks later...

I have contact manager ver 6.5 on my phone and has an contacts to sim option. When you choose that option it lists all your contacts and allows you to check the ones you want transfered to your sim and it even starts out with them all checked so it ought to be a pretty quick operation to transfer them to your sim.