Use Wizard as WiFi Dongle? HELP!

Guest XNUK

Guest XNUK

Dont ask me why, but ide like to know if there is any way of connecting my Vario / wizard up to my laptop in the same way that i do so to use GPRS data access with the usb, only I want to use WiFi via the handset. My laptop is not wireless enabled, but i have access to a wifi hotspot.

So basicly I will be using my vario as a wifi dongle

Is it possible??

Please help!!

Guest TheNerd

There's a post that's popped up in the "Similar Topics" links below that you will find helpful...

Pocket PC as WiFi adapter (or any kind of internet connection)

It looks like a fiddly bit of configuring and playing with tools such as the Java Virtual Machine but the instructions should be easy enough to follow. I thought it might be a bit easier requiring nothing more than networking the two devices, and then configuring the laptop to "share" the internet connection of the Wizard, however I think it would need to be the Wizard that is configured to share the internet connection (and I have not seen anything anywhere in the settings to be able to do that??). Anyway, best of luck with the Java VM method.

Regards,

Nerdino

Guest XNUK
There's a post that's popped up in the "Similar Topics" links below that you will find helpful...

Pocket PC as WiFi adapter (or any kind of internet connection)

It looks like a fiddly bit of configuring and playing with tools such as the Java Virtual Machine but the instructions should be easy enough to follow. I thought it might be a bit easier requiring nothing more than networking the two devices, and then configuring the laptop to "share" the internet connection of the Wizard, however I think it would need to be the Wizard that is configured to share the internet connection (and I have not seen anything anywhere in the settings to be able to do that??). Anyway, best of luck with the Java VM method.

Regards,

Nerdino

Thanks!! will give it a go!!