Upgrading from M500

Guest Dave G

Guest Dave G

Hi,

I 'm posting in hope that someone outhere will be able to offer me a greater insight into the current crop of smartphones.

My contract has just come to an end and i am now looking to upgrade. I currently have the M500 which has been an outstanding phone and the first of many phones to last the duration of the contract without being replaced. (despite having no stlyus for the past month, which has been a nightmare especially when mixed with alcohol)

I was unaware that i was able to upgrade so i have'nt had the chance to research the current and soon to be released phones.

Having checked out oranges current range the logical upgrade would be to the M600 however these appears very similar to the M500 with some minor developments. I don't wont to upgrade to and then 1 month down the line the smartphone to beat all smartphones come out and the M600 is quickly pulled off the shelves.

This may seem like a basic request but there never seems to be any press surrounding smartphones they manage to sneak out with out much of a fuss. making it harder to track the developments of the smartphone range

Cheers

Dave G

Guest chucky.egg

The M500 (and M600) are PocketPCs, not smartphones, so I'm not clear on what you want.

The Prophet (which is what the M500 is based on) is a great device, with loads of features, and the only issue I know of (dont have one any more, so not keeping up on it) is the screen can't always be viewed at shallow angles.

The M600 still uses SD, not miniSD or microSD like many of the new devices, so you're existing memory card will still work. You may have to buy WM5-compatible software to replace your existing applications though.

The new smartphones (which aren't actually out yet AFAIK) generally introduce 3G or TV, nothing earth shattering IMO.

The new flip smartphone may be of interest. It's been compared to a Moto V3 for size, but with Smartphone features.

I recently tried an O2 XDA IQ, which I quite liked, but after a couple of days the novelty (of having a smaller device) wore off and I missed the functions of my Wizard (T-Mobile MDA Vario). I found it really hard to switch back to T9 after having a qwerty keyboard!

Guest Dave G

Thanks for the insight.

I have just been loking at the HTC wizard, is there an orange variant or is this exclusive to T-mobile and 02?ideally i need to stay on orange but if needed i could be tempted to jump ship.

Sorry for the confusion but its a pocket PC i'm after, simliar to my M500 only better.

Also i have just been looking at the HTC TyTN to my untrained eye this looks like a development of the wizard with 3G thrown in.

http://europe.htc.com/products/tytn.php, from what i gather HTC are going out on there own back with this phone, if anyone has any more info or release dates.

Please let me know

Cheers

Guest jimbouk

I had an M500 and moved to an Imate JAMin (same as M600) about six months ago. It is great - especially if you use wifi and push email.

I read somewhere on here that the Hermes may be launched on orange in a couple of weeks - that is the new version of the Wizard (with 3g).