******** Wrong Charger Inserted Motorola c350, Charging Error ********

Guest seostattler

Guest seostattler

Bought a new Orange SPV c500 USB Data Cable off ebay uk. As soon as i received it I plugged it into my phone. Phone shut itself off, came up with an error message saying invalid sim when i turned it back on, then powered off, turned out I had received the WRONG CABLE, one for the MOTOROLA c350 Upon using a generic USB cable on the phone, it powered on. Only to find when it USB charged it went straight to 100% without actually charging. Now when the USB charger is inserted the LED on the top left hand side displays a persistent red when plugged into my generic USB cable (which used to charge my phone before with no problems) and then turns a persistent green i.e. does not flash on and off, and turns back to red when the phone is attempted to be powered on.

Any suggestions will be met with considerable gratitude, since on no battery i'll probably lose all my data, a picture of the phone and persistent LED has been posted...

post-197226-1152137523_thumb.jpg

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site :)

Is the cable a 5pin mini usb? I presume the one you have is 4pin.

Does the normal mains charger still work ok?

Guest fluffcat1

I don't think it's the cable unless the cable is actually faulty i.e the 5 pin mini USB cable is an industry standard. What about if you charge using the original mains charger?

Richard

Guest seostattler

thank you for your responses, well the generic mini usb cable that i have is a five pin cable, the motorola c350 cable is a five pin charger as well that is why it fitted into my phone iwht no problems, at the moment i do not have the wall charger to hand but will get it soon, if it turns out the wall charger changes nothing then what do you think the problem is, since the phone does not charge at all

• 3 weeks later...
Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Ive come across that prob too before, my wife's slvr usb charger will not work w/ my 5600. And vise versa w/ my charger to her phone. It's something Motorola has implemented into their phone charging capabilities. My guess is to keep the 3rd parties (i.e. belkin) from making accessories for motorola! My 2c.

post-65276-1153555080_thumb.jpg