Xrgomics release 'TenGo Free', and it's, er, FREE :)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

In amongst the mountain of different input methods out there, I have a few favourites.

Alongside Phone Pad (probably the single biggest reason IMHO to buy a HTC device compared to another manufacturer IMHO!), the TenGo input method is highly regarded.

tengo_qvga.gif

Following the launch of the 2.0 version of the commercial product, TenGo have released their original product as 'TenGo Free', a free-for-non-commercial-use version of TenGo 1.3x. Here's why...

Why launch a free version?

Xrgomics embarked on finding a text input solution that could fit and be applied to all applications and devices, that must be easy to learn, simple to use, and as practical to use as a keyboard is for computers/typewriters. We believe that we have found the solution in TenGO. Like all solutions and "parents", we would like to continue to make TenGO even better and be the best mobile text input solution possible. Much of what TenGO has evolved to is also thanks in part to the numerous feedback, suggestions and comments from users and non-users alike.

Thus, we have decided to proliferate TenGO as much as possible and to gather as much feedback as possible. Of course, the reasons are not entirely altruistic, and part of whether TenGO will ever be the ultimate solution largely depends on how many people know about us, and whether they accept the solution.

Therefore, we appreciate all the help and support to spread the word of TenGO to as many people as possible. Alternatively, if you prefer a more powerful version of TenGO, you can also support us by upgrading to the commercial version of TenGO (see comparison chart). Check it out at www.tengo.net.

You can find out more and download at http://free.tengo.net/, and while you're there, check out the video of the crazy-fast TenGo typist - I challenge a MoDaCo member to top the hall of fame :)

Enjoy, and let me and your fellow members know what you think of the application!

P

Guest awarner (MVP)

Make sure you DO install it on the device otherwise it will not work.

Will not work at all on the vario, it gives you the option to use it in the menu but does not actually activate.

EDIT after a couple of soft resets it now works ok.

Guest Pondrew
...Will not work at all on the vario, it gives you the option to use it in the menu but does not actually activate.

EDIT after a couple of soft resets it now works ok.

Sounds like a problem with available memory (I occasionally have the same with Phone Pad) although strange it didn't resolve itself after the first soft reset....

Guest mini_man

If this is actually designed for PPC then why does she hold a C500 in her hand?

post-160616-1152214694_thumb.jpg

Bit odd? I tried to install on my C600 but it didnt work.

Sam

Guest mini_man

random hey.

Also you see a random smartphone with a C600 in this picture and below showing the same phone!

post-160616-1152224179_thumb.jpg

As you can see I actually have nothing better to do :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

Dunno I don't reboot my vario that much :)

Seriously though I would expect this as it's another application running in the background.

Guest Hellblazer

Hi All,

I am Edwin from Xrgomics, the company behind TenGO Free. Thanks all for your support.

For not being able to select TenGO, the main possibility is that the system memory could be almost fully used up as in the case of prolonged usage or extensive devices attached to the Pocket PC.

Also, there is a memory problem with SD cards and it seems more likely to affect the system resources when there are a lot of folders in the SD card as every folder take up precious system resources (Different from the main memory) that programs like TenGO and other input methods use.

1)Switch off any devices like WiFi, Bluetooth, and for the moment disable any start-up applications (from starting)

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site and thanks for the support :)

It seems that you need to do a soft reset a few time to get the app to work but once it works it's ok.

Keep up the god work.

Guest Hellblazer

Hi All :)

Please check your bulk mail folder as well (especially for yahoo users), as the activation code sometimes ends up there. Thanks.

An alternative would be to write to me (edwin dot ng at xrgomics dot com) for your activation code. Just send me the serial number and I will reply with your unlockng license code.

FYI, we will send 2 emails per activation code in case the first one does not make it through.

Regards,

Edwin

Xrgomics - TenGO

• 3 years later...
Guest TVThemeGuy
I am Edwin from Xrgomics, the company behind TenGO Free. Thanks all for your support.

Edwin,

Where are you?? The TenGo site is broken! No one can send e-mail to you nor can we purchase TenGo! I desperately want TenGo Thumb as it is the best thing out there! All I have is the trial version and I want to buy a license. If you see this, please e-mail me at neil (at) PocketLCARS (dot) com.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.