Remove the T-mobile badges from your Vario

Guest mandt

Guest mandt

After much deliberation I finally decided to remove the branding from my Vario's case

post-174863-1152213532_thumb.jpg

Simply use a penny and gently rub in the direction of the grain for the two bits under the screen, the t-zones badge is a bit more stubborn but they all came off in under ten minutes :)

Looks so much cleaner now, just can't decide whether or not to lose the mail symbol, what do you think?

Guest zombiefly
After much deliberation I finally decided to remove the branding from my Vario's case

post-174863-1152213532_thumb.jpg

Simply use a penny and gently rub in the direction of the grain for the two bits under the screen, the t-zones badge is a bit more stubborn but they all came off in under ten minutes :)

Looks so much cleaner now, just can't decide whether or not to lose the mail symbol, what do you think?

excellent tip! my vario is now free from the horrible t-mobile branding! :)

Guest adchaffey
works great. thanks alot. did it under 2 mins.

Has anyone scratched off all of the black paint around the outside of the phone? Mine is coming off all by itself in patches so thought I might take it all off!

Guest fluffcat1
Has anyone scratched off all of the black paint around the outside of the phone? Mine is coming off all by itself in patches so thought I might take it all off!

If you need a new one I'll be listing some on ebay later. It'll void your warranty swopping it though.

Richard

Guest Pigo

I used a sugarcube aswell... worked like a charm!

and when those logo's are gone. there is room for other things. so I looked for a jeweler with the right tools and had my name and my girls name engraved in to it .. here's a pic :)

post-33109-1152377287_thumb.jpg

Pigo

Guest Tech

agreed!

this is kewl stuff but what happens if your mobile device goes away for a repair? most likely they will void the warrenty or send a replacement device!! :)

Guest adchaffey
If you need a new one I'll be listing some on ebay later. It'll void your warranty swopping it though.

Richard

how much do you expect them to go for? might tart the phone up a bit before I sell it on and upgrade!

Guest Pigo

yeah a jeweler did that. had to go to several stores before I found one that had the right ecuipment & the guts to try it.

He did it well! very pleased!

as for the waranty void. not sure. as I did not open the casing or anything. might check up on it to be sure.

friend of mine once told me. the repairs are done by htc repair centre and they don't care what software you installed or which rom. they just fix it. so why would they mind a logo-less phone.

but not sure!

Pigo