Nokia CK-7W bluetooth carkit & MS Voice Command

Guest TheStealth

Guest TheStealth

Is anyone using a Qtek 9100 / Wizard with a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth carkit ?

I have just had one fitted to use my Qtek 9100 in my car... Voice / sound quality is good however it would be great to be able to use the Microsoft Voice Command program I have installed to dial my contacts.... I have it set up to dial them whilst out of the car and it works great...

The Nokia carkit has a Voice Tag dial option, by pressing the Bluetooth button in whilst waiting for a tone you then speak the tag..... The problem I have its very intermittent and only works 1 out of say 10 times...

Any suggestions anybody?

Steve

Guest pdtp

if the car set works the same as a bluetooth headset then you need to do the reghack to use MSvoice on it

http://www.modaco.com/Bluetooth-Dialing-t235502.html

(sbsdegb1 @ Jan 26 2006, 10:53)

You need to make a registry change. At the moment it will run sddialer.exe. Just need to change this to voicecmd.exe.

HKLM>Software>OEM>VoiceCommand

I renamed the key Path to Path_old

I entered a new key called Path and set the Valuedata to \Program Files\Voice Command\voicecmd.exe

Now when I press the button on my Bluetooth headset (Mine is a Jabra) it triggers off voice command and I tell it who to call. Voila.

Hope this helps. I had the same problem as you myself.

Edited by pdtp

Guest adchaffey
Sorry I forgot to mention I did the reg hack already... I can't understand why sometimes it works and sometimes not....

Steve

I've posted about this on another thread, but i'm sure it won't hurt posting here again!

If pressing the button on your bluetooth kit fails to trigger Voice Command, try starting the original voice dialing application on the phone and leave it to simply timeout. Then try pressing your button again. This works for me, but nobody has been able to explain why yet. It's as if the original voice dial program resets the connection with my headset once it terminates whereas voice command doesn't.

Guest TheStealth
I've posted about this on another thread, but i'm sure it won't hurt posting here again!

If pressing the button on your bluetooth kit fails to trigger Voice Command, try starting the original voice dialing application on the phone and leave it to simply timeout. Then try pressing your button again. This works for me, but nobody has been able to explain why yet. It's as if the original voice dial program resets the connection with my headset once it terminates whereas voice command doesn't.

Good tip Anthony... Seems to work ok now!

How often do you find you have to do this reset mode?

Steve

Guest adchaffey
Good tip Anthony... Seems to work ok now!

How often do you find you have to do this reset mode?

Steve

I seem to have to do it nearly every time!

Basically if I have just restarted my phone it'll work fine. But once I've issued any command through the headset other than 'Cancel' it won't work again! I wish someone out there could explain it!

Guest TheStealth
I seem to have to do it nearly every time!

Basically if I have just restarted my phone it'll work fine. But once I've issued any command through the headset other than 'Cancel' it won't work again! I wish someone out there could explain it!

Me too is a bloody nuisance....

Someone must be able to help us!

Guest TheStealth
Me too is a bloody nuisance....

Someone must be able to help us!

A short update....

I thought it maybe a good idea to speak with Microsoft about this issue... So I phoned the States and was told I could pay for phone support, there and then or go to http://support.microsoft.com for free online support for the Microsoft Voice Command product....

I thought the online support was the best option, only to go round in a vicious circle where online it was asking for payment to get support again.... I then phone Microsoft in the UK who then said "its not a fault with Microsoft software its a hardware issue... call Qtek!....." So I called Qtek only to get a recorded message saying call you network provider for support.... I give up!....You know what the standard answer will be... "We don't support software not shipped with the device"

This is a joke!

Any suggestions?

Steve

Guest adchaffey
This is a joke!

Any suggestions?

Well I've been in brief email contact with someone that works for microsoft who created a cab file which makes that little reg tweak to allow dialing from your headset for you. He couldn't really help but did say he'd heard about something like this problem. I hope he doesn't mind me saying this but he did say:

On the bright side, this functionality should be built right into the next version of VoiceCommand

So I hold no hope of actually getting any help from Microsoft. Just going to have to wait for the latest version whenever that arrives.

Guest TheStealth
Well I've been in brief email contact with someone that works for microsoft who created a cab file which makes that little reg tweak to allow dialing from your headset for you. He couldn't really help but did say he'd heard about something like this problem. I hope he doesn't mind me saying this but he did say:

So I hold no hope of actually getting any help from Microsoft. Just going to have to wait for the latest version whenever that arrives.

Good work Anthony... If you find anything else out post it back here! I will do the same...

Steve

Guest adchaffey
Good work Anthony... If you find anything else out post it back here! I will do the same...

Steve

Will do! Seen as we seem to have been outcast from the rest of the forum, we'll have to sort this one out between us!

:)