m500 - mda compact

Guest veef13

Guest veef13

hi all...

very simple question.. is is posible to flash a mda compact rom on a m500? i have seen sooo many conflicting answers to this issue and was wondering if a few of you knowledgeable peeps can shed some light on this? I know they have slightly different ID codes, but they are both magicians...

cheerio and thanks

paul

Edited by veef13

Guest popeyesfx

Yes its possible, i have an m500 at work that is flashed over to and imate Jam. There are several good posts on xda-developers site that will tell you how to do it.

Sorry but cant remember the link to the post directly

hi all...

very simple question.. is is posible to flash a mda compact rom on a m500? i have seen sooo many conflicting answers to this issue and was wondering if a few of you knowledgeable peeps can shed some light on this? I know they have slightly different ID codes, but they are both magicians...

cheerio and thanks

paul

Guest veef13
Yes its possible, i have an m500 at work that is flashed over to and imate Jam. There are several good posts on xda-developers site that will tell you how to do it.

Sorry but cant remember the link to the post directly

ok thanks for that... i have found links on updating to rom/radio 1.13 etc, but still unsure if its ok to flash a PM10a rom onto a PM10b device as the ID codes will then not match...

still not found one thread with eveidence of m500 to mda compact, or even m500 to imate/qtek rom upgrades... plently of mda compat/vpx/xda to other makers, just not m500...

would i need to change the device code in the rom?

any further input appreciated...

cheers

veef13