HTC TyTN (Hermes) gets a possible ship date

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy
expansys-tytn.jpg
Looks like will be able to get one of these toward the end of this month, if Expansys' UK site is to be trusted.

Expansys is showing an alleged July 17 availability date for the device, at a jaw-dropping price of

Guest Fozza
expansys-tytn.jpg
Looks like will be able to get one of these toward the end of this month, if Expansys' UK site is to be trusted.

Expansys is showing an alleged July 17 availability date for the device, at a jaw-dropping price of

Guest Paul (MVP)

No, the Hermes has a slot.

I've seen both mini and micro versions of the hermes, i'm led to believe the shipping version is micro however.

P

Guest rikwebb
expansys-tytn.jpg

Guest Dr Who

I've seen both mini and micro versions of the hermes, i'm led to believe the shipping version is micro however.

P

Hhhmmmm, I really would prefer a miniSD slot. Any reason for the migration to micro since size wouldn't seem to be a factor on this behemoth?

Guest peekie

Wish they would make their minds up over the sd , as its a pain on each model to have to go out and buy a new sd card , i have a 2gb mini in my M3000 and to be honest i dont want to have to buy a new one i would rather spend the money on other things, plus they are more expensive than standard sd cards

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Its just a few new standards have come along fairly quickly. Size and power consumption are two of the biggest constraints when it comes to designing something like a handset. So the smaller memory cards do make sense. And to be honest, flash memory is dirt cheap at the moment, inconvenient yes, but not the end of the world :)

Also - i wonder how many of those sim-free Expansys ship to personal users. 560 quid is more than 2 decent 12 month contracts with a free handset.

Guest hennapod

P

I hope so! I've just ordered a MicroSD card in anticipation of the M3100 being released.

When you can get it free on a

Guest hennapod

Expansys now says that release is due in "Estimated 7 days". "If you order this product before 4pm today, UK customers can expect shipment in 7 working days."

Hmmm...

Guest Dr Who
It ain't THAT big, and it packs some serious features...

P

Well, I can see the value of a micro on a seriously small handset, but they managed to fit a mini on my C500.........obviously the Hermes has the pullout keyboard and wifi taking up space, and the higher number of components, etc, etc but is the difference between the space required for mini and micro that critical on this handset, one would guess not if they CAN fit a mini. Are the power requirements for the two formats vastly different?

Ho hum, either way this is almost certainly my next handset, I would just like to not have to shell out for a new memory card immediately I get it.

Guest Syphon Filter
Expansys now says that release is due in "Estimated 7 days". "If you order this product before 4pm today, UK customers can expect shipment in 7 working days."

Hmmm...

hehe, in true expansys style the expected date is now the 31st of July.

Guest Confucious
and indeed it has... 31st July now... ;)

Just like it was in Syphon Filter's post on te 10th which is what I was replying too you mean? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mandt
Looks like its slipped again...

Expansys are now listing 9th of August for release :)

Oh Expansys. you'd think they would learn!!

I first ordered my Vario from them a while ago with the website proclaiming ' estimated 1 day', so I phoned them:

"you're definitely getting some tomorrow?"

"yes sir"

"and i'll get it the next day?"

"certainly"

two days later I phone them again

"wheres my phone?" I say

"um.. well... maybe monday? I'm not sure...theres a shortage don't you know?"

They'll never see my custom thats for sure!!!

Guest Syphon Filter
Oh Expansys. you'd think they would learn!!

I first ordered my Vario from them a while ago with the website proclaiming ' estimated 1 day', so I phoned them:

"you're definitely getting some tomorrow?"

"yes sir"

"and i'll get it the next day?"

"certainly"

two days later I phone them again

"wheres my phone?" I say

"um.. well... maybe monday? I'm not sure...theres a shortage don't you know?"

They'll never see my custom thats for sure!!!

Interestingly a friend of mine had a similar experience. I dont think I will be buying from them either...will go elsewhere for sure...

Maybe somewhere on Tottenham Court Road? Anyone had any experience of buying offline devices from the cowboys up there?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.