Vodafone Germany to release Hermes + STRTrk as VPA Compact II / QTek 8500

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1152301121_thumb.jpg
Vodafone Germany are to release the HTC Hermes and the HTC STRTrk as the VPA Compact III and the QTek 8500 respectively.

It's interesting to note that Vodafone aren't branding the STRTrk with their own name, but are with the Hermes.

The Vodafone Germany release of the Hermes has an identical look (bar branding) to HTC's own offering, so it looks like it's 'the standard look' for the device... likely to be used by T-Mobile and Orange too.

Who will be next to announce the next generation HTC devices...? ;) More importantly, when can I get my hands on one :) :D

P

[source: CoolSmartphone]

Guest fluffcat1

I'd be interested in their take on the 8500 - the photo I've seen previously was red to fit voda's corporate colours rather than the standard pink.

edit: http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2951

note that it's obviously pre-release as the keypad has circles. Maybe it's just a bad photo but it doesn't look so pink there. For some reason I can attach the pics?...sorry.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1
That's just the pre-prod Pink 8500 for sure...

P

To quote Arne Hess's article:

"Vodafone hasn't announced a launch of the Star Trek yet and is showing it in the Qtek version only but in red, a Star Trek color I haven't seen so far: "

If he's seen other colours, I think he'd say if it were pink or not. So it may well be a red pre-production 8500 which would mean they were thinking about red for actual release....

Richard

Guest mike-oh

Is this the what T-mobile will call the Vario II (i'm a bit lost with the names of all the HTC devices)? It's upgrade time soon and i'm after a new shiny to play with!

Guest morpheus2702

I'd love to get an idea how much the Hermes is likely to be with contract. I hope it's not pitched at the same prices as the Universal variants.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.