I have NO rights apparently

Guest bronksy

Guest bronksy

Ok. so my M5000 went back to HTC for repair.. they replaced the motherboard.

Just got it back and it's suffering from the same problem as before it went in. It's really straange.. I posted about it months ago, that the battery seems to drain when it's in the case.. I tried to explain that the case is elastic and faux leather and should not drain the battery.. but HTC tell me 'dont use the case'

I complained this wasn't really a solution as to why the unit has no battery after a full charge in a matter of hours, but they said there's nothing more that they can do..

So called Orange who told me there's nothing they can do .. BS about the warranty etc..

So i have a unit that doesn' work.

HTC dont' think there's a problem, and because they've apparently fixed it, Orange tell me that the unit is fixed. It's clearly not.

What the heck should I do? I just am told to send it back to HTC but it's clear they think they have fixed the problem. Orange won't help me..

Apparently I dont' have any say with Orange because i'm not in Orange care with the unit.

Useless?

Guest fluffcat1

What casing is it? The standard one? Daft questions time - any buttons being pushed whilst it's in there, and as a control, does the battery loose charge over a period at the same rate if you leave it out of the machine?

Richard

Guest bronksy

hiya.. it's the standard leatherette slip case. I think it's pressing something and shorting it out while in the case. It doesn't seem to happen when left out of the case. I have the unit in flight mode too.

The drain is fast..froma full charge in a matter of hours the unit wont turn on. I have locked the keys too. I think it must be pressing on something.. but if this is so, then would there not be someone else with the same issues?

Guest Confucious

This is a strange one! Do you have the device closed? If the screen is facing out could the camera be on?

I don't use the cse myself but I'm sure we would have heard much more about it if it was a common problem. Is it definatly only when it's in the case? If so you're only optio might be to by another case - although I'm sure you could return the device and get your money back if you really wanted.

Guest bronksy

happens when the screen is closed i think, and from what i've seen ONLY when it's in the case. The HTC support was to get a new case, but surely the problem is something more serious. Ideally I want to get rid, or get a new one but Orange say it's out of Care and HTC say that they have fixed it, clearly they have not.

Guest Confucious

In theory Orange should replace it - in practice they seem to ignore the law. You bought it from them, under consumer law it's up to them to replace it.

How you get them ro do this I don't know :)

Good luck!

Guest bronksy

no there's nothing enabled that will drain the battery.

ok so. how do i get either a refund or a new unit from Orange.

Consumer goods act.. how can I enforce this?

cheers

Guest xerxes
no there's nothing enabled that will drain the battery.

ok so. how do i get either a refund or a new unit from Orange.

Consumer goods act.. how can I enforce this?

cheers

If this only happens when it's in the case it's most likely that either your case is slightly smaller than usual or that one of the edge buttons sticks out a little more than is normal and consequently one of the buttons is being depressed all the time it's in the case.

Enabling the button lock doesn't prevent power from being drained when a button is held down. It's just a software trick to prevent the button from executing its normal function. But if the button is held down it is still completing a circuit and so drawing power from the battery. It is also causing the processor to wake up and make a decision on whether or not to take the usual action for the button. The button lock will prevent the action but the processor still needs to wake up (and so burn some power) to figure that out.